Happy Thanksgiving Back
Am sitting here waiting for Smelly Kid to pick me up. Poor lad told me we’d be leaving by 10am this morning, then calls me at 8am and tells me he won’t make it till 11. Then calls at 11:30 and says he won’t make it till 12:30. Well, it’s 12:30 and look where I am now. In the middle Chestermere with no sign of Saskatchewan as far as I can see.
I am not to be deterred however, and instead of digging through my bag for my histo text to study, I am blogging instead. The contruction ppl are back outside and the radio station has been turned to light 96 or some other horrid station that just played the ronan keating song from Notting Hill.
Poor Ranger is suffering from the paint fumes I think. Smelly Kid better get here soon. I would have started studying histo if I knew he was coming this late. But I figured by the time I got my book out and opened it and repacked my bag, he’d be here. Apparently, I was wrong.
And now, for la piece de resistance. Thinh’s dinner party last night. There was laughter, tears, a bit for everyone. A party, is a party, but a party on a Thanksgiving eve, hmmmmmm.
I know you’re dying to find out exactly what happened. Well, I’ll tell you.
Ahem.
Dear. Hobbes.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Actually, I will slow down the prelude to my enchanting tale of the Thanksgiving dinner of all Thanksgiving dinners, but first, I feel obliged, since I just read Ella Enchanted again this weekend, to imitate Dame Olga’s letters to hattie and olive by mentioning my wardrobe in great detail.
I wore my lovely old navy cargo pants with a white tank top. Over that, I had on my new AE cream coloured button up shirt with the green flowery wall paper pattern on it. I rolled up the sleeves to make it look all casual and stuff. To pull it all together, I wore my cool new green suede necklace which has a big circle pearly pendant with a dried orange flower on it. Very cool if I must say so myself.
Well, that and none of my laundry had dried yet. So sue me!
And now onto the main event.
first things first. I was all set to leave the house and drive off there with my cranberry/wildrice stuffing (made by yours truly, and Mr. Stove Top halped) when I suddenly realized “AH! I don’t know how to get to Thinh’s house!” So I had to sheepishly call him up and ask for directions. I got to his house in good time, even though some idiot drove 20 below the speed limit in front of me the whole time.
Anyhow, we got there and Colin and Thinh were there doing last minute prep work. Paul had dropped off some beer ealier (a good sign that he was unfortunately going to come back, haha) and Hugh had brought over THE BIRD. (big ordeal. THE BIRD was baked at Hugh’s house and Thinh had to go pick it up but since it was so juicy, they had to go 15km/h and in the end, they drove the whole way with their hazard lights on so ppl would pass them). Don’t know why they didn’t just make it at Thinh’s house. Sigh.
Lynda came next. She offered pumpernickel bread with spinach dip. The ongoing joke for the night was that we had made everything in the meal from scratch, when, in fact, we had bought everything from superstore. It was like, “WHOA! Lynda, did you bake that yourself!”
“Yep. I even made the spinach dip myself.”
“What’s in it?”
“Um, you know . . . . spinach . . . .and, uh . . . dip?”
or it’d be like, “Whoa, Colin, did you bake the pies yourself?”
“Course, man.”
“Why are they in the packaging still then?”
“I just used old pie boxes to transport them here to be a little more environemntally friendly you know?”
“Whoa. That’s awesome!”
“F*ck you guys are so gullible.”
And so on and so forth.
Hugh was the only one that went all out and actually made the turkey with a special recipe in which he claimed the secret ingredient was “looooooove.” The looove made it nice and tender and juicy and sweet.
Lynda said that if the secret ingredient was love, then love tasted an awful lot like butter.
Hguh even stuffed the turkey with homemade stuffing! Unforutnately, he added too many aples and the whole thing was a big mushy mess. Thinh and Colin swore their heads off and said they wouldn’t eat it and in the end, Thinh chucked it into a plastic bag and threw it out like it was radioactive or something. Colin was brave enough to try a bite but then he said he felt sick later. Brave soul.
Then Hugh made homemade mashed potatoes. I snuck in a little “these mashed potatoes are so creamy” line into there and was all sad about it cus no one could tell I was quoting something (it's from "While you were sleeping"). Hugh responded, “Yeah man. I put whipped cream in here.” No wonder it was so yummy. I swear I gained 4 stone yesterday. But I still had enough room for pumpkin pie which I smothered with fresh whipped cream. I mean, if the damage was already done, I may as well enjoy myself right?
Well, after the eating festivities were over, we oozed our way over the tv and sat there playing ps2 for a while. Then Anh and Jason and Ngoc and Paul came over and we decided to play Truth or Dare. Anh had a little book which had different truth questions and dares on each page and it also had a spinny thing on the back that you could flick to determine whether you got truth or dare on your turn. There was also a third category “do you know?” which basically had questions like, “do you know who in this room is wearing coloured underwear?” or “do you know what was the last book that the player on your left read ?”
Stuff like that.
Anyhow, that’s when the evening started to become interesting. I was first up for a dare and I had to “moon walk across the room”. Made an ass of myself.
Then poor Lynda had to let Colin put lipstick on her with his eyes closed. Totally ruined thinh’s mom’s new lipstick (speaking of which, and this is major news, Thinh’s mom got married this weekend!!!!!! She’s in Banff on her honeymoon! Congrats to all!).
Anyhow, various turns later, I had to drag myself across the room with my elbows, Jason had to pretend to lay a golden egg, Anh had to dance to the new dance she would invent called “the Whizzo burger” or something like that, and Hugh had to pretend Paul was a tickle-me Elmo and tickle him. That was something I never want to witness again.
What stands out first and foremost in my mind, however, and has left me with the most mental scarring is when Paul got the dare, “Stuff a pillow up the front of your shirt and pretend to go into labour.”
He actually did it. He shoved thinh’s couch pillow up his shirt and then sits on the couch with his legs spread open. Shudder. And then he started moaning. *blood curling scream from all the faint of heart in the room.* We had to beg him to stop in the end. It was horrendous.
To be fair, Paul was being a good sport. Personally, I would hav preferred it if he opted out for once, but whatever doesn't kill you only scorches itself in yor repressed momeory bank.
Anyhow, then Anh got a dare where she had to go up to a wall and let Colin frisk her like he was a police officer. That was priceless. Poor Anh. And then Jason had to rub noses with someone (anyone that wasn’t Anh cus that was too easy) and that was an awkward moment cus he chose ME! AH! Anyhow, I survived the incident and I let Anh take me out back and beat the bloody pulp out of me. (haha, actually, it was all fine. Later on, Jason thanked me for the noserub and I thanked him back telling him, “It was the most erotic experience of my life,” which stumped him a bit. Lynda went, “Whoa. Vivian!” I guess I should ease people into my sense of humour more slowly).
And Ngoc Anh had to go in a circle and say whiich phsycial feature she would like from everyone if she could have one feature from everyone in the room. She wanted anh's hair, Thinh's nose, Jason's eyelashes, Colin's legs or something like that, Paul's ears and my hands (only body part left), oh, and she wanted Lynda's boobs. We had a good chuckle over that one. Poor Lynda. Lucky Thinh.
All in all, it was rather a hoot.
Well, I had to break up my e-mail into two seeing as smelly kid picked me up half way through me describing Thinh's par-tay. I am now back in the 'toon and am realy tired. Don't want to study histo but I have to.
Smelly Kid let me drive for more than half the trip and it was good. I didn't hit anyone and no one got hurt. He started quizzing me from his histo notes and I thoroughly impressed him (and myself) by learning all the types of collagen in two seconds. IT was wierd, I don't think Ive ever picked up something so fast before. He quizzed me and I obviously didn't know the answer the first time, so he gives me the answer and he purposely goes super fast and names the three types of collagen and all hte number types in each quickly so that I won't catch it . . . or so he thinks!!!!! SO then he asks me again all smugly (I'm protraying him to be an ass when he's really a nice guy. smells a bit, but he's got a heart o gold). And I answered him perfectly! And he was all stunned and he's like, "well, say it again. Let's make sure you really learned it and are not just repeating me." So he scrambles it up a bit and I got it again. Perfectly. He then looked at me all goggle eyed and was like, "whoa. you pick things up really fast." Anyhow, now he's convinced I'm one of those people who pick things up really fast and don't really need to study. Ha! Joke's on him. But it was scary how quickly I picked up the collagen types. I screwed up everything else he asked me, but let me have my moment. LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT!!!!!
Ah yes, and now I must study the histology of muscles and neurons. Pity I don't really pick things up that fast.
AH! I'm going to fail. *whimper*
Am sitting here waiting for Smelly Kid to pick me up. Poor lad told me we’d be leaving by 10am this morning, then calls me at 8am and tells me he won’t make it till 11. Then calls at 11:30 and says he won’t make it till 12:30. Well, it’s 12:30 and look where I am now. In the middle Chestermere with no sign of Saskatchewan as far as I can see.
I am not to be deterred however, and instead of digging through my bag for my histo text to study, I am blogging instead. The contruction ppl are back outside and the radio station has been turned to light 96 or some other horrid station that just played the ronan keating song from Notting Hill.
Poor Ranger is suffering from the paint fumes I think. Smelly Kid better get here soon. I would have started studying histo if I knew he was coming this late. But I figured by the time I got my book out and opened it and repacked my bag, he’d be here. Apparently, I was wrong.
And now, for la piece de resistance. Thinh’s dinner party last night. There was laughter, tears, a bit for everyone. A party, is a party, but a party on a Thanksgiving eve, hmmmmmm.
I know you’re dying to find out exactly what happened. Well, I’ll tell you.
Ahem.
Dear. Hobbes.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Actually, I will slow down the prelude to my enchanting tale of the Thanksgiving dinner of all Thanksgiving dinners, but first, I feel obliged, since I just read Ella Enchanted again this weekend, to imitate Dame Olga’s letters to hattie and olive by mentioning my wardrobe in great detail.
I wore my lovely old navy cargo pants with a white tank top. Over that, I had on my new AE cream coloured button up shirt with the green flowery wall paper pattern on it. I rolled up the sleeves to make it look all casual and stuff. To pull it all together, I wore my cool new green suede necklace which has a big circle pearly pendant with a dried orange flower on it. Very cool if I must say so myself.
Well, that and none of my laundry had dried yet. So sue me!
And now onto the main event.
first things first. I was all set to leave the house and drive off there with my cranberry/wildrice stuffing (made by yours truly, and Mr. Stove Top halped) when I suddenly realized “AH! I don’t know how to get to Thinh’s house!” So I had to sheepishly call him up and ask for directions. I got to his house in good time, even though some idiot drove 20 below the speed limit in front of me the whole time.
Anyhow, we got there and Colin and Thinh were there doing last minute prep work. Paul had dropped off some beer ealier (a good sign that he was unfortunately going to come back, haha) and Hugh had brought over THE BIRD. (big ordeal. THE BIRD was baked at Hugh’s house and Thinh had to go pick it up but since it was so juicy, they had to go 15km/h and in the end, they drove the whole way with their hazard lights on so ppl would pass them). Don’t know why they didn’t just make it at Thinh’s house. Sigh.
Lynda came next. She offered pumpernickel bread with spinach dip. The ongoing joke for the night was that we had made everything in the meal from scratch, when, in fact, we had bought everything from superstore. It was like, “WHOA! Lynda, did you bake that yourself!”
“Yep. I even made the spinach dip myself.”
“What’s in it?”
“Um, you know . . . . spinach . . . .and, uh . . . dip?”
or it’d be like, “Whoa, Colin, did you bake the pies yourself?”
“Course, man.”
“Why are they in the packaging still then?”
“I just used old pie boxes to transport them here to be a little more environemntally friendly you know?”
“Whoa. That’s awesome!”
“F*ck you guys are so gullible.”
And so on and so forth.
Hugh was the only one that went all out and actually made the turkey with a special recipe in which he claimed the secret ingredient was “looooooove.” The looove made it nice and tender and juicy and sweet.
Lynda said that if the secret ingredient was love, then love tasted an awful lot like butter.
Hguh even stuffed the turkey with homemade stuffing! Unforutnately, he added too many aples and the whole thing was a big mushy mess. Thinh and Colin swore their heads off and said they wouldn’t eat it and in the end, Thinh chucked it into a plastic bag and threw it out like it was radioactive or something. Colin was brave enough to try a bite but then he said he felt sick later. Brave soul.
Then Hugh made homemade mashed potatoes. I snuck in a little “these mashed potatoes are so creamy” line into there and was all sad about it cus no one could tell I was quoting something (it's from "While you were sleeping"). Hugh responded, “Yeah man. I put whipped cream in here.” No wonder it was so yummy. I swear I gained 4 stone yesterday. But I still had enough room for pumpkin pie which I smothered with fresh whipped cream. I mean, if the damage was already done, I may as well enjoy myself right?
Well, after the eating festivities were over, we oozed our way over the tv and sat there playing ps2 for a while. Then Anh and Jason and Ngoc and Paul came over and we decided to play Truth or Dare. Anh had a little book which had different truth questions and dares on each page and it also had a spinny thing on the back that you could flick to determine whether you got truth or dare on your turn. There was also a third category “do you know?” which basically had questions like, “do you know who in this room is wearing coloured underwear?” or “do you know what was the last book that the player on your left read ?”
Stuff like that.
Anyhow, that’s when the evening started to become interesting. I was first up for a dare and I had to “moon walk across the room”. Made an ass of myself.
Then poor Lynda had to let Colin put lipstick on her with his eyes closed. Totally ruined thinh’s mom’s new lipstick (speaking of which, and this is major news, Thinh’s mom got married this weekend!!!!!! She’s in Banff on her honeymoon! Congrats to all!).
Anyhow, various turns later, I had to drag myself across the room with my elbows, Jason had to pretend to lay a golden egg, Anh had to dance to the new dance she would invent called “the Whizzo burger” or something like that, and Hugh had to pretend Paul was a tickle-me Elmo and tickle him. That was something I never want to witness again.
What stands out first and foremost in my mind, however, and has left me with the most mental scarring is when Paul got the dare, “Stuff a pillow up the front of your shirt and pretend to go into labour.”
He actually did it. He shoved thinh’s couch pillow up his shirt and then sits on the couch with his legs spread open. Shudder. And then he started moaning. *blood curling scream from all the faint of heart in the room.* We had to beg him to stop in the end. It was horrendous.
To be fair, Paul was being a good sport. Personally, I would hav preferred it if he opted out for once, but whatever doesn't kill you only scorches itself in yor repressed momeory bank.
Anyhow, then Anh got a dare where she had to go up to a wall and let Colin frisk her like he was a police officer. That was priceless. Poor Anh. And then Jason had to rub noses with someone (anyone that wasn’t Anh cus that was too easy) and that was an awkward moment cus he chose ME! AH! Anyhow, I survived the incident and I let Anh take me out back and beat the bloody pulp out of me. (haha, actually, it was all fine. Later on, Jason thanked me for the noserub and I thanked him back telling him, “It was the most erotic experience of my life,” which stumped him a bit. Lynda went, “Whoa. Vivian!” I guess I should ease people into my sense of humour more slowly).
And Ngoc Anh had to go in a circle and say whiich phsycial feature she would like from everyone if she could have one feature from everyone in the room. She wanted anh's hair, Thinh's nose, Jason's eyelashes, Colin's legs or something like that, Paul's ears and my hands (only body part left), oh, and she wanted Lynda's boobs. We had a good chuckle over that one. Poor Lynda. Lucky Thinh.
All in all, it was rather a hoot.
Well, I had to break up my e-mail into two seeing as smelly kid picked me up half way through me describing Thinh's par-tay. I am now back in the 'toon and am realy tired. Don't want to study histo but I have to.
Smelly Kid let me drive for more than half the trip and it was good. I didn't hit anyone and no one got hurt. He started quizzing me from his histo notes and I thoroughly impressed him (and myself) by learning all the types of collagen in two seconds. IT was wierd, I don't think Ive ever picked up something so fast before. He quizzed me and I obviously didn't know the answer the first time, so he gives me the answer and he purposely goes super fast and names the three types of collagen and all hte number types in each quickly so that I won't catch it . . . or so he thinks!!!!! SO then he asks me again all smugly (I'm protraying him to be an ass when he's really a nice guy. smells a bit, but he's got a heart o gold). And I answered him perfectly! And he was all stunned and he's like, "well, say it again. Let's make sure you really learned it and are not just repeating me." So he scrambles it up a bit and I got it again. Perfectly. He then looked at me all goggle eyed and was like, "whoa. you pick things up really fast." Anyhow, now he's convinced I'm one of those people who pick things up really fast and don't really need to study. Ha! Joke's on him. But it was scary how quickly I picked up the collagen types. I screwed up everything else he asked me, but let me have my moment. LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT!!!!!
Ah yes, and now I must study the histology of muscles and neurons. Pity I don't really pick things up that fast.
AH! I'm going to fail. *whimper*


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home