Guinness and Strongbow make Vivian a dull girl
So I just got back from my St. Paddy's day festivities. And of course, because I chose to wear a skirt, everyone else was in jeans and t-shirts. boo-urns. What is it with this town?
Lydia's turned out to be a pub on Broadway street here and it was quite fun. Upon arriving at 7:30pm, the pub was full of the inhabitants of the "Lutheran's senoir care centre" that is accross the street from me.
OK, so there were no senior citizens there but everyone was at least over 50. The single-man-band kept playing the Proclaimers and next thing you know, I was chugging Guiness in order to keep myself from falling asleep.
Finally, the pace picked up when my classmate and her Irish dancing troupe took the dance floor and performed for nearly an hour. It was awesome as the girl had drank a bit too much at one point and fell. Everyone was in good spirits though and we cheered them all on.
As predicted, some random guy asked me if I was Irish as a joke. Then he started talking to me about Vancouver Island. At least it wasn't Vancouver itself. The Island is an improvement. What is it with Saskatchewaners thinking I am from Vancouver?!!!!!!!
Anyhow, the rest of the night consisted of my twirling around the dance floor with Heather, another of my class mates. Sadly enough, we were the only ones on the dance floor. Then some other band took over and did some covers of hte Arrogant Worms and that was great. They also had some guy playing a suitcase (I kid you not, he was banging on a suitcase with drumsticks). It was pretty awesome. Only in Saskatchewan. Sigh.
Well, gonna hit the hay. Am tired out from my irish dancing and two-stepping. The party life is tough, but somebody's gotta do it.
Lydia's turned out to be a pub on Broadway street here and it was quite fun. Upon arriving at 7:30pm, the pub was full of the inhabitants of the "Lutheran's senoir care centre" that is accross the street from me.
OK, so there were no senior citizens there but everyone was at least over 50. The single-man-band kept playing the Proclaimers and next thing you know, I was chugging Guiness in order to keep myself from falling asleep.
Finally, the pace picked up when my classmate and her Irish dancing troupe took the dance floor and performed for nearly an hour. It was awesome as the girl had drank a bit too much at one point and fell. Everyone was in good spirits though and we cheered them all on.
As predicted, some random guy asked me if I was Irish as a joke. Then he started talking to me about Vancouver Island. At least it wasn't Vancouver itself. The Island is an improvement. What is it with Saskatchewaners thinking I am from Vancouver?!!!!!!!
Anyhow, the rest of the night consisted of my twirling around the dance floor with Heather, another of my class mates. Sadly enough, we were the only ones on the dance floor. Then some other band took over and did some covers of hte Arrogant Worms and that was great. They also had some guy playing a suitcase (I kid you not, he was banging on a suitcase with drumsticks). It was pretty awesome. Only in Saskatchewan. Sigh.
Well, gonna hit the hay. Am tired out from my irish dancing and two-stepping. The party life is tough, but somebody's gotta do it.


1 Comments:
If anyone asks, you were adopted.
No wait... if anyone asks, I was adopted.
Post a Comment
<< Home