La tee ta tee la tee ta tee POTATO la tee ta tee la tee ta tee
Happy St. Patrick's day to you all!
It is time, yet again, for our heroine to embark on the treacherous journey out of her apartment and into the dark underbelly of Saskatoon night life. This time, I am trying to dress for a St. Paddy's day celebration at a pub (At least I think it's a pub. It's called "Lydia's" and they serve food and one of my classmates is going to be doing an Irish dancing performance there tonight so goodness knows if it's a pub or a restaurant or a hole in the wall.)
So here's my "get-ready" list for tonight:
neutral pub/club/hole in the wall outfit- check
unwalkable-in boots- check
small purse that won't make me feel like a St. Bernard- check
wallet with cash- check
ID- check
"Kiss me I'm Irish" T-shirt- check
something green(does underwear count?)- check
lucky charms to ward off the leprechauns- check
I'm joking about the t-shirt you guys. It would be pretty hard to pull off in Calgary let alone Saskatoon where I'm the only blatant non-Irish around (unless you count my landlord Charles into the picture. He's from India and his wife is from Trinidad). Perhaps I could sell myself off as "Irish-born Chinese who then immigrated to Canada". Nah, too complicated. I think I'll just settle for telling them I'm from Vancouver (that's apparently where all the oriental people in Canada come from. Or at least that's what everyone out here thinks.)
Now all I have to do is wait for my ride. Wish me luck guys! Gosh I hope I finally get to drink beer tonight. It's been a looooooong week.
It is time, yet again, for our heroine to embark on the treacherous journey out of her apartment and into the dark underbelly of Saskatoon night life. This time, I am trying to dress for a St. Paddy's day celebration at a pub (At least I think it's a pub. It's called "Lydia's" and they serve food and one of my classmates is going to be doing an Irish dancing performance there tonight so goodness knows if it's a pub or a restaurant or a hole in the wall.)
So here's my "get-ready" list for tonight:
neutral pub/club/hole in the wall outfit- check
unwalkable-in boots- check
small purse that won't make me feel like a St. Bernard- check
wallet with cash- check
ID- check
"Kiss me I'm Irish" T-shirt- check
something green(does underwear count?)- check
lucky charms to ward off the leprechauns- check
I'm joking about the t-shirt you guys. It would be pretty hard to pull off in Calgary let alone Saskatoon where I'm the only blatant non-Irish around (unless you count my landlord Charles into the picture. He's from India and his wife is from Trinidad). Perhaps I could sell myself off as "Irish-born Chinese who then immigrated to Canada". Nah, too complicated. I think I'll just settle for telling them I'm from Vancouver (that's apparently where all the oriental people in Canada come from. Or at least that's what everyone out here thinks.)
Now all I have to do is wait for my ride. Wish me luck guys! Gosh I hope I finally get to drink beer tonight. It's been a looooooong week.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home