Ambient Noise
It was 7:15am and as usual, Ranger was chewing on his cage. He has somehow gotten into a habit where every morning, between my first and second alarm, he starts gnawing really loudly on the bars of his cage and then he starts tossing his food dish around to wake me up. Bastard bunny.
Normally, I'd grudgingly wake up and go about my morning routine but today was a Saturday and there was no way in heck he'd ruin my weekend sleep-in. I gave him acouple of loud "OY"'s and covering my head with my pillow, went back to sleep.
Five minutes later, the bunny had stopped but my freakish neighbor's alarm clock went off and naturally, he refused to shut it off. All around the complex, I could hear people swearing and slamming their windows shut. Unfortunately, as my suite has horrible ventilation, I had to keep my window open or all my clothes would smell like my cooking.
I groaned and decided to get up and grab breakfast. The alarm clock was thankfully turned off and I sat down at my computer to have my morning chat with Gabe.
And that's when it started.
Somewhere across the yard dividing the two halves of my building, I could hear a man moaning. It stopped for a few moments and I rationalised that I had only imagined it. Then he started up again.
"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAAH, YES YES YES!"
I looked horrifiedly at Ranger who looked just as stunned as I did.
The moaning continued and we sat there in disgust and disbelief. Suddenly, female moaning joined in.
"OK. That's it!" I said to Ranger and slammed my windows shut. Cooking smells be damned.
I blasted my fan in the hopes that it would aerate my apartment and somehow drown out the noise.
It didn't.
For the next 10 minutes, Ranger and I sat there in fetal position, covering our ears and rocking back and forth and chanting "make it stop! make it stop!"
At long last, the moaning quieted down and stopped. I waited another 5 minutes and gingerly opened my window again. I walked over and turned off my fan.
The moaning started again.
Ranger huddled in the corner of his cage and shook his whiskers disapprovingly. I rolled my eyes and slammed the window shut again. Somewhere, a baby was crying and another couple in the building were arguing.
I looked down at my anatomy notes and tried to concentrate.
"Just one more week. Five exams. Just one more week. You can do it Viv. You can do it. Oh who am I kidding?! Five exams in five days?!!! Two of which are year long cumulatives? It can't be done!!!"
Sigh.
Make it stop. Make it stop.
Normally, I'd grudgingly wake up and go about my morning routine but today was a Saturday and there was no way in heck he'd ruin my weekend sleep-in. I gave him acouple of loud "OY"'s and covering my head with my pillow, went back to sleep.
Five minutes later, the bunny had stopped but my freakish neighbor's alarm clock went off and naturally, he refused to shut it off. All around the complex, I could hear people swearing and slamming their windows shut. Unfortunately, as my suite has horrible ventilation, I had to keep my window open or all my clothes would smell like my cooking.
I groaned and decided to get up and grab breakfast. The alarm clock was thankfully turned off and I sat down at my computer to have my morning chat with Gabe.
And that's when it started.
Somewhere across the yard dividing the two halves of my building, I could hear a man moaning. It stopped for a few moments and I rationalised that I had only imagined it. Then he started up again.
"OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAAH, YES YES YES!"
I looked horrifiedly at Ranger who looked just as stunned as I did.
The moaning continued and we sat there in disgust and disbelief. Suddenly, female moaning joined in.
"OK. That's it!" I said to Ranger and slammed my windows shut. Cooking smells be damned.
I blasted my fan in the hopes that it would aerate my apartment and somehow drown out the noise.
It didn't.
For the next 10 minutes, Ranger and I sat there in fetal position, covering our ears and rocking back and forth and chanting "make it stop! make it stop!"
At long last, the moaning quieted down and stopped. I waited another 5 minutes and gingerly opened my window again. I walked over and turned off my fan.
The moaning started again.
Ranger huddled in the corner of his cage and shook his whiskers disapprovingly. I rolled my eyes and slammed the window shut again. Somewhere, a baby was crying and another couple in the building were arguing.
I looked down at my anatomy notes and tried to concentrate.
"Just one more week. Five exams. Just one more week. You can do it Viv. You can do it. Oh who am I kidding?! Five exams in five days?!!! Two of which are year long cumulatives? It can't be done!!!"
Sigh.
Make it stop. Make it stop.


2 Comments:
Pervert!
adendum:
the couple were at it again at 3 in the afternoon, then at about 7pm and finally, at about 1:00am in the bloody morning. Must be in heat. Or maybe it's the weather. Damned seasonal breeders.
-Vivian "traumatised beyond all belief" Lau
Post a Comment
<< Home