Thursday, September 01, 2005

Do unto others as you had done to you

It's just past midnight on a Wednesday night and I just got back from "Whisky Jack's." The evening started off innocently enough with me being late (as usual) to pick up my first-year buddy. Then I went to go grab Kristen's first-year buddy but got lost.

Several U-turns, illegal moves, reverses in teh middle of an intersection due to not seeing red lights, stops to ask random construction workers directions, a few other wacky turns and some sudden stops later, I had both buddies picked up and at Kristen's house. I think they both vowed never to ride in my car again. I'm a good driver! I swear! I only swerved into opposing traffic once tonight!!!

Then the fun began. Novaley and Kelsey (two blonde, gorgeous classmates of mine) and their respective buddies were already at Kristen's house and the liquor bottles were open. We all devoured pizza and gummy worms while Novaley's buddy chatted away. She'd had a little bit more than everyone else and was chatting up a storm about anything that came into her head. We all smiled and kept refilling her cup.

And then, when everyone was full and relaxed. . .

*dun dun dun?*

. . .we pulled out the costumes!!!!!

Yes. It was the offical first-year vet frosh night known as "Hurricane." We disguised it as a "have dinner with your buddy" night and then proceeded to kidnap all our buddies and dress them up in ridiculous costumes and parade them out in public.

Last year, I had been dressed as an old lady and had fake saggy boobs and a pillow shoved up the dress to make me look like I had a huge behind. My buddy had donated the costume to me to pass down and so, tonight, my poor 19-year old buddy was not spared.

Novaley's buddy was dressed as a pig with a pink construction paper nose and a little stuffed piggy doll that, when squeezed, would say, "this little piggy went WEE WEE WEE all the way home!"

Kelsey's buddy had to dress as a rabbit complete with plastic carrot, ears and a sign that said "VET MED REPRODUCTION EXPERT" on it.

Kristen's buddy had a white lab coat with giant red, green, blue and yellow dots pinned on and a Twister spin board around her neck. I'm not so sure she didn't have a few people try to play on her tonight.

We piled them all in the car and headed out to meet all our classmates at the bar. Along the way, we saw all the guys in our class parading the poor 1st year guys in full costume down one of the busiest streets in Saskatoon. One of the guys was dressed in tiny plaid skirt, blouse with bra, a teddy bear backpack and a blonde and pink wig. Another guy wore a spandex halter top body suit with an orange thong on the outside. Cars honked at them and I believe our buddies felt a little bit better that at least we didn't make them walk to the bar.

Once inside, we were greeted with 1st year guys in nothing but suspenders, spandex shorts and a bra. Others looked like hairy, nightmarish Daisy Dukes. Girls walked past in 80s style prom dresses with ridiculous make-up and sideways pony tails. Another guy walked past with a maxi pad stuck to his body suit.

We chose this bar as it was karaoke night there and I must say, it was the most enjoyable karaoke I've been to in a while. Mostly, it was country music and I didn't know the songs but I enjoyed it all the same.

"Isn't it so much more fun when you aren't dressed like an idiot?" said one of my classmates to me while we were waiting for drinks at the bar.

"Totally."

For the rest of the night, I continued to ply alcohol into my buddies hand and made sure she got nice and toasted. Some other 1st year girl in a frog suit nearly passed out on the stage, then popped up at the last minute and finished her song as if nothing had happened.

It was loud, hot, smelly and tons of fun.

At the end of hte night, I drove my buddy home and she seemed happy enough. Kelsey and Novaley's buddies were still going hard on the dance floor and they stood there bracing themselves for a long night.

And now, I am off to bed. 8:30am class tomorrow and a heckuva lot of studying for my test next week.

Till next time, study hard, party hard and if a nice, quiet dinner at your buddie's house seems too good to be true . . . it probably is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm an insane vet stuck in an insane world with an equally insane bunny (who is now only with us in spirit)



Confessions of an Overachiever
Journogirl
No Cash Value
Frying Sheep
The Ethnography of Me
Pomegranate
All about me...and others
Lagerstatten
Drive
Jen and John's wedding blog
Post Secret
WCHS people
time-wastey goodness
Devil ducky
Weebls
Sudoku
Scrubs character quiz
PBF
Rotten Tomatoes
Pandora
Web.tickle

artsy fartsy silly stuff
Pixelgirl
Deviant art
Popyura
Yumiko
Project Gutenberg
My Flickr page

shopping
Paper-doll
Pixelgirl shop
Chapters/Indigo
Snazzy-girl
OMG I want it

geeking out
Tree of Life
National Geographic
MerckVetManual
CIA World Factbook
Agripedia
Google Maps
Yahoo widgets
            
 

Powered by Blogger

Free Blog Counter