Procrastination wins again!
It's nearly summer and somehow, I'm supposed to be writing SIX final exams between now and the end of April. Naturally, the way I've chosen to deal with this is denial and avoidance.
To distract myself, I've been testing out my new camera and my Picasa skills. Here are a few pictures I took of my crumby little apartment (I've decided to stay here next year and not put myself through the stress of a move, especially if my grandparents agree to keep Jaws with them).
Of course, the day I decided that I'm not moving, my parking spot gets taken by some idiot, some other idiot started blasting Canto-pop at full volume at 9 at night and the panel in front of my heater fell off. then I tried to do my laundry only to discover that NO ONE likes to empty the lint trap in the dryers after they're done drying their clothes. If it's one thing I hate, it's touching other people's lint. For goodness sakes there were PUBES in there! YUCK!
Anyhow, without further ado, here are a few photos - products of my procrastination. Hope you enjoy them.
Photo 1: My Collection of Shiny Objects
My cabin-mates in Bamfield used to laugh at me and my obsession with shiny things. Well, here's the proof that they were right about me all along . . . and that's not even all my necklaces/accessories. Sigh.
Photo 2: The Classy View From my Apartment
That's right baby. The dumpster. Looks like someone ate Bugles this week. Mmm, BBQ flavoured! Every morning, I wake up to the sounds of this poor guy who digs through our dumpster looking for pop bottles and cans. He leans his bike against one side and dives in. The mornings he's not there, the garbage trucks comes and beeps and roars for 20 minutes.
Photo 3: My Humble Abode.
This is a photo of my living room/computer room/dining room/kitchen. Just to the right of where this picture was taken is where I have my laptop and TV. It's just big enough for me and maybe a bunny. People in my class keep pressuring me to get a cat next year from the local SPCA. My question is: where the heck am I going to put a litter box?! I barely have enough room for me! I guess I could give up my shoe closet . . .
Photo 4: Super Tigger
Gabe, don't kill me for showing everyone this.
This is a picture of the "super Tigger" that Gabe gave me for Valentine's day. He essentially took old socks and t-shirts and made a cape, underoos, eye mask and shirt for a classic Tigger doll. Where he finds time in his busy med-school schedule, I'll never know. Wow.
Domestic, smart AND he can bounce his pectorals like a pirate. What more can I girl ask for? (yes, you can go puke now).
Well, that's all the photos I have for now. I think I'll post more tomorrow when I have time. I've got a great shot of Joanne where she looks super "special".
Meanwhile, hope that you are all doing well. Anh, if you read this, I hope that you are feeling better! As for the rest of you, take care and enjoy your lives away from Saskatomb!
To distract myself, I've been testing out my new camera and my Picasa skills. Here are a few pictures I took of my crumby little apartment (I've decided to stay here next year and not put myself through the stress of a move, especially if my grandparents agree to keep Jaws with them).
Of course, the day I decided that I'm not moving, my parking spot gets taken by some idiot, some other idiot started blasting Canto-pop at full volume at 9 at night and the panel in front of my heater fell off. then I tried to do my laundry only to discover that NO ONE likes to empty the lint trap in the dryers after they're done drying their clothes. If it's one thing I hate, it's touching other people's lint. For goodness sakes there were PUBES in there! YUCK!
Anyhow, without further ado, here are a few photos - products of my procrastination. Hope you enjoy them.
Photo 1: My Collection of Shiny Objects

My cabin-mates in Bamfield used to laugh at me and my obsession with shiny things. Well, here's the proof that they were right about me all along . . . and that's not even all my necklaces/accessories. Sigh.
Photo 2: The Classy View From my Apartment
That's right baby. The dumpster. Looks like someone ate Bugles this week. Mmm, BBQ flavoured! Every morning, I wake up to the sounds of this poor guy who digs through our dumpster looking for pop bottles and cans. He leans his bike against one side and dives in. The mornings he's not there, the garbage trucks comes and beeps and roars for 20 minutes.Photo 3: My Humble Abode.
This is a photo of my living room/computer room/dining room/kitchen. Just to the right of where this picture was taken is where I have my laptop and TV. It's just big enough for me and maybe a bunny. People in my class keep pressuring me to get a cat next year from the local SPCA. My question is: where the heck am I going to put a litter box?! I barely have enough room for me! I guess I could give up my shoe closet . . .Photo 4: Super Tigger
Gabe, don't kill me for showing everyone this.This is a picture of the "super Tigger" that Gabe gave me for Valentine's day. He essentially took old socks and t-shirts and made a cape, underoos, eye mask and shirt for a classic Tigger doll. Where he finds time in his busy med-school schedule, I'll never know. Wow.
Domestic, smart AND he can bounce his pectorals like a pirate. What more can I girl ask for? (yes, you can go puke now).
Well, that's all the photos I have for now. I think I'll post more tomorrow when I have time. I've got a great shot of Joanne where she looks super "special".
Meanwhile, hope that you are all doing well. Anh, if you read this, I hope that you are feeling better! As for the rest of you, take care and enjoy your lives away from Saskatomb!


4 Comments:
Vivian,
That first picture looks like it belongs in 'Accessorize'! Those are so pretty! Cute Tigger too!
I hope by 'new camera' you mean, 'Joanne's Camera' cuz if you don't have it, then I've officially lost it.
P.S. I look special in every picture so it's no threat to me.
so no, I mean my own new camera. As it turns out, I was looking for the cell phone charger over reading week and I opened the FIRST DRAWER in the computer room and there it was, in it's leather case . . . your camera. And no, it wasn't mom and dad's because that one IS in Saskatoon. I meant YOUR CAMERA. Where were you looking anyways?
so pretty! Thank you for your procrastination. Know that it is all for a higher purpose right now (well, to entertain and distract me). Thank you also for all your prayers and well wishes throughout my surgery/recovery! You rock!
Post a Comment
<< Home