The Last Queen of Saskatoon
So i'm leaving for Uganda tomorrow morning at the ungodly hour of 6:45am meaning I have to get to the airport by an even more ungodly hour.
I'm really looking forward to my trip but I am a bit apprehensive. It's been a bit of a gong show in terms of last minute organization and to top it off, we're supposed to carry some of the controlled drugs we're using for the animals (we're talking heavy duty anesthetics like special K and whatnot) in their checked luggage but our prof failed to leave the permits behind for us. Classy. Here's hoping homeland security is in a good mood tomorrow when we stop over in Minneapolis.
Internet is going to be a bit sketchy and we only have two satellite cell phones between the 14 of us so this should be fun. I'll be back in the 'toon on March 1st.
My veterinary licensing exam score is supposed to come back to me next week and I've given my roommate the OK to open my envelope and check for me and re-register for the April exam session for me if I failed.
In the meantime, the best way to keep track of me will be via our rotation's blog site which is hosted by the university. We'll try to update as much as we can!
http://blogs.usask.ca/awe/
Toodles everyone and take care! I shall attempt not to be poisoned by arsenic this time round and will try my best to avoid being charged by angry elephants again.
We also have a facebook group of our "unofficial" blog and if you would like to be a part of that, drop me a line on Facebook.
Ciao!
I'm really looking forward to my trip but I am a bit apprehensive. It's been a bit of a gong show in terms of last minute organization and to top it off, we're supposed to carry some of the controlled drugs we're using for the animals (we're talking heavy duty anesthetics like special K and whatnot) in their checked luggage but our prof failed to leave the permits behind for us. Classy. Here's hoping homeland security is in a good mood tomorrow when we stop over in Minneapolis.
Internet is going to be a bit sketchy and we only have two satellite cell phones between the 14 of us so this should be fun. I'll be back in the 'toon on March 1st.
My veterinary licensing exam score is supposed to come back to me next week and I've given my roommate the OK to open my envelope and check for me and re-register for the April exam session for me if I failed.
In the meantime, the best way to keep track of me will be via our rotation's blog site which is hosted by the university. We'll try to update as much as we can!
http://blogs.usask.ca/awe/
Toodles everyone and take care! I shall attempt not to be poisoned by arsenic this time round and will try my best to avoid being charged by angry elephants again.
We also have a facebook group of our "unofficial" blog and if you would like to be a part of that, drop me a line on Facebook.
Ciao!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home