So close, yet so far away
Day 2 of finals and I'm ready to curl up, scurry over to a corner and die.
Yesterday was Neuroscience. We had an "open book" exam which is just another way for my prof to say "this exam is so freaking difficult that I dont' care if you use your books cus IT WON'T HELP YOU".
Today's exam was anatomy. We had a lovely bell-ringer lab part to it and then a brutal lecture written component. The lab part consisted of plasticised specimens and sticky hacked off limbs lying around with random pins stuck in them. I believe I got all the questions wrong except hte bonus question which was a sea lion femur (something I had never seen before in my life and which I will probably never see again). I guess that's just how I work. I can't seem to recognise the important stuff (who cares what the heart looks like?) but I can recognise just about anything else.
Sigh.
On the plus side, I only have three more exams left and things are looking bright. It seems that the amorous banshee living across from me and her boyfriend only "do it" on Saturdays and as a result, my apartment has been nice and quiet for me to study.
This friday is "token night" at the Scuz (local student's bar) and I am looking forward immensely to getting inebriated with my fellow classmates. Only three more days and I will officially be 1/4 of my way to becoming a vet!!!! (assuming I pass my finals)
In the meantime, I shall continue my upward battle towards the bitter end. It's no joyride but somebody's gotta do it.
Wish me luck!
-Vivian "too sexy for this blog" Lau
PS: It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Gotta love Saskatchewan.
PPS: Ranger has a poopy bum.
Yesterday was Neuroscience. We had an "open book" exam which is just another way for my prof to say "this exam is so freaking difficult that I dont' care if you use your books cus IT WON'T HELP YOU".
Today's exam was anatomy. We had a lovely bell-ringer lab part to it and then a brutal lecture written component. The lab part consisted of plasticised specimens and sticky hacked off limbs lying around with random pins stuck in them. I believe I got all the questions wrong except hte bonus question which was a sea lion femur (something I had never seen before in my life and which I will probably never see again). I guess that's just how I work. I can't seem to recognise the important stuff (who cares what the heart looks like?) but I can recognise just about anything else.
Sigh.
On the plus side, I only have three more exams left and things are looking bright. It seems that the amorous banshee living across from me and her boyfriend only "do it" on Saturdays and as a result, my apartment has been nice and quiet for me to study.
This friday is "token night" at the Scuz (local student's bar) and I am looking forward immensely to getting inebriated with my fellow classmates. Only three more days and I will officially be 1/4 of my way to becoming a vet!!!! (assuming I pass my finals)
In the meantime, I shall continue my upward battle towards the bitter end. It's no joyride but somebody's gotta do it.
Wish me luck!
-Vivian "too sexy for this blog" Lau
PS: It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Gotta love Saskatchewan.
PPS: Ranger has a poopy bum.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home