Mad rantings of the sleep deprived
Am on the verge of collapsing. I probably am more jet-lagged than I've ever been in my whole life and more than anything right now, I'd kill for some coffee. Preferably a caramel macchiatto. Make it a venti. Hold the whipped cream. Sweet, sweet coffeeeeeeeeee.
Mmmmm . . .
Right.
Where was I?
Oh yes.
Jet lag.
So I got back from Africa on Saturday night at midnight and have been jet-lagged ever since. It was a 37 hour journey home and by the time my plane landed in the Saskatoon airport, I'd been up for a total of 53 hours with only about 2 hours of cumulative sleep in that time.
Not to mention I was battling the evil traveller's diarrhea thanks to a bad papaya I'd scarfed down two days before in Entebbe.
Evil, evil paw-paws.
By the time I got to shower and hop into my bed (MY BED! Finally!) I was hallucinating. Surprisingly, it was auditory and not visual hallucinations and I kept hearing this awesome classical music and opera. I only clued into the fact that it was a hallucination when I realised I could change the volume with my thoughts.
Woke up at 1:45am this morning after going to bed at 10pm and for the life of me couldn't get back to sleep. Finally woke up and cleaned my whole room, unpacked, sorted out my recycling and washed my sink and bathroom mirror. And then I came to school and was expected to function. Yesterday, I woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep but came to school and did a surgery on a cow. It lived, surprisingly.
Anyhow, am late to go to a dinner sponsored by the giant drug companies and major banks and other soulless corporations out to seduce my soon-to-be-a-vet soul. We get free food and unlimited free booze. Pity I'll probably pass out after one drink today. Did I mention that it's FREE BOOZE? UNLIMITED?!
So, since free booze and food waits for no one, I shall blog a bit more about my African adventures and other important news later.
Till then, it's just good to be back and I hope you've all had a lovely month while I was away.
Mmmmm . . .
Right.
Where was I?
Oh yes.
Jet lag.
So I got back from Africa on Saturday night at midnight and have been jet-lagged ever since. It was a 37 hour journey home and by the time my plane landed in the Saskatoon airport, I'd been up for a total of 53 hours with only about 2 hours of cumulative sleep in that time.
Not to mention I was battling the evil traveller's diarrhea thanks to a bad papaya I'd scarfed down two days before in Entebbe.
Evil, evil paw-paws.
By the time I got to shower and hop into my bed (MY BED! Finally!) I was hallucinating. Surprisingly, it was auditory and not visual hallucinations and I kept hearing this awesome classical music and opera. I only clued into the fact that it was a hallucination when I realised I could change the volume with my thoughts.
Woke up at 1:45am this morning after going to bed at 10pm and for the life of me couldn't get back to sleep. Finally woke up and cleaned my whole room, unpacked, sorted out my recycling and washed my sink and bathroom mirror. And then I came to school and was expected to function. Yesterday, I woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep but came to school and did a surgery on a cow. It lived, surprisingly.
Anyhow, am late to go to a dinner sponsored by the giant drug companies and major banks and other soulless corporations out to seduce my soon-to-be-a-vet soul. We get free food and unlimited free booze. Pity I'll probably pass out after one drink today. Did I mention that it's FREE BOOZE? UNLIMITED?!
So, since free booze and food waits for no one, I shall blog a bit more about my African adventures and other important news later.
Till then, it's just good to be back and I hope you've all had a lovely month while I was away.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home