Anybody else's fingers hurt? I didn't think so.
I went over to my aunt's house this weekend which is an hour out of Baltimore to visit with my little cousins and nephew. I ended up having to take the kiddies to the old folks home in their neighborhood to their annual old-people stuff sale (wool crafts, cross-stitching, antiques, old letters with old stamps on them, stuff from the nursing home green house, MORE wool crafts, old jewelry they don't want anymore, cookies, etc.). Reminded me of the old folk's home from Happy Gilmore, hence the picture. I guess these old folks seemed genuinely happy though.
After that, we hung out at their house until a whole lot more wee kiddy-kins came over for their church's youth group movie and popcorn night. Fun times. The kids are all over achievers. "Sorry we couldn't come over earlier! I had swim meet, so and so had violin, and she was at kung-fu and he was doing Chinese school and I was trying to fundraise for band and etc. etc. etc."
And then all these little girls gathered around and were like "I'm bad at biology!"
"I'm worse at English"
"i hate it cus you have to do essays!"
"Um, what grade are you all in?"
"Grade four"
"Dude."
After a delicious meal of turkey and sweet potato pie (which totally reminded me of the episode of the X-files where Mulder eats slice after slice of the stuff!), we all sat down to watch the movie, "Bolt".

The DVD started skipping during the Disney opening theme and I was like, "It's like techno!" and this little boy of not more than 7 or 8 shouts out, "It's called SYNCOPATION."
WTF?!
Damned overachieving kids. I should've pulled the, "That's DOCTOR Lau to you punk. And you see that dog on the screen? HE AINT REAL. And you know what else aint real? SANTA CLAUS!"
Except the kid probably would have corrected me on my grammar for saying "aint" and would have told on me to the adults for discussing Santa Claus at a youth bible group meeting.
Sigh.
Anyhow, work has been going OK. All the vets I worked with so far are awesome. The techs have their usual turf wars going on and I think I just need to adjust. I already did my first ovariohysterectomy and a lumpectomy. Fun times.
Lets just hope I don't see them back with raging complications next week. Oh man. I also saw ringworm. The problem is that I'm used to ER where I do a patch up job and send the patient to their regular vet in the morning to sort out. Now I'm that regular vet. And I'm like "HOW THE F*CK DO I SORT THIS OUT?!"
Yeah.
And so the stress continues.
Hope you guys have good weeks. I work again tomorrow and am already tensing up again. Sigh.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home