Friday, January 22, 2010

A real birth day



Spent my birthday working from 11am-10pm but fortunately, my only sort-of ER case all night was a cat that decided to give birth while boarding at our hospital (rumors have it her owner is in the hospital or is out of town or something). Whatever the case, we spent the night in the ICU eating pizza (my tech was nice enough to trot out in the freezing rain for some) and waiting for each new kitten with bated breath. Fortunately, everything seemed to go fine naturally and I did not have to scrub in for my first C-section ever. This was good as I have never done one alone before despite having watched dozens and spayed many cats.

There is something so magical about animal obstetrics (NOT human birth!!!) that get me every time and I watched with fascination as the little kittens drew their first gasping breaths and magically found their way to the teats. Within minutes, their mom had licked their gooey fur clean and they had dried into little fuzzy squeaking squirrel-looking things.

With that warm-fuzzy feeling in mind, I came home to find Gabe had somehow bought a bunch of helium balloons and kept Malcolm from destroying them.

He'd also personally hand-wrapped a bunch of tissue paper flowers

and bought cake and Indian food and all sorts of good things!!!!

And to make life eve more awesome, he bought me the newest Our Lady Peace CD which I, in all my busyness with work, didn't even realise existed!

So all in all, what could have been a disastrous work-filled day, turned into yet another awesome birthday.

1 Comments:

Blogger StemCellLima said...

Awww, he made you paper flowers, that's so cute!!!

3:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm an insane vet stuck in an insane world with an equally insane bunny (who is now only with us in spirit)



Confessions of an Overachiever
Journogirl
No Cash Value
Frying Sheep
The Ethnography of Me
Pomegranate
All about me...and others
Lagerstatten
Drive
Jen and John's wedding blog
Post Secret
WCHS people
time-wastey goodness
Devil ducky
Weebls
Sudoku
Scrubs character quiz
PBF
Rotten Tomatoes
Pandora
Web.tickle

artsy fartsy silly stuff
Pixelgirl
Deviant art
Popyura
Yumiko
Project Gutenberg
My Flickr page

shopping
Paper-doll
Pixelgirl shop
Chapters/Indigo
Snazzy-girl
OMG I want it

geeking out
Tree of Life
National Geographic
MerckVetManual
CIA World Factbook
Agripedia
Google Maps
Yahoo widgets
            
 

Powered by Blogger

Free Blog Counter