"Nothing is so aggravating than calmness."
-Oscar Wilde
People have been asking me "so are you going to blog again anytime soon?" and the truth of hte matter is, even if I wanted to, I have nothing to blog about!
My life has been so devoid of any serious drama in the last couple weeks that trying to blog about it would be like wringing snot from a used kleenex.
I'll let that image sink in for a bit.
I turned down the offer to do another animal welfare debate stating that they were too high stress and way too public. I said I'd only do a second debate if they didn't have enough people signed up and if they paid me 15 million dollars like Nicole Kidman or Renee Zellweger make per movie and if they promised me my own trailer and entourage (personal hair stylist, makeup artist, yoga instructor and handsome coffee boy. Make that two handsome coffee boys.).
Well, surprise surprise, this week, they told me they had found 3 other people to fill in my place. I'm not sweating it, they'll come crawling back to me eventually. Stupid thing is that instead of feeling relieved, I feel disappointed that I don't get to do the second debate! HOW LAME AM I? I guess I didn't realise how much I liked doing the debate till I had my chance taken away from me.
I'm like Jaws with his rawhide bones. He shows no interest in the thing whatsoever and just leaves it on the living room floor until you accidentally step on the thing and out of nowhere, while you're hopping up and down in pain (rawhide bones are harder and sharper than you think), he bolts out and sinks his little teeth into your ankle as if to say "HEY! I LOVE THAT RAWHIDE BONE! BACK OFF! GET YOUR OWN!".
Where was I going with that?
Oh yes.
I am disappointed I'm not doing the debate.
I had a second chance to participate in a different debate later that day and just as they called out for volunteers, I just sat there, numbed to it all. To be fair, I was fixated on the girl beside me's deli pickle which came with her turkey wrap, but I could have at least piped up and said "LET ME DO THE DEBATE! AND FOR GOODNESS SAKES GIVE ME YOUR PICKLE!"
Instead, I let the pickle girl and some other girl volunteer to do the thing. In the words of Mr. Bennet from Pride and Prejudice though, "Let the other young ladies have a chance to exhibit!"
And so I view it as spreading the love around. Letting everyone have their moment in the spotlight. That sort of thing. *flips hair dramatically and smiles righteously at the camera*
In other news, I got my mark back from my test last week. The idiotic thing is that we all have to line up in the Veterinary biomedical Sciences hallway infront of their main office while the secretaries hand our test back to us.
The secretaries grab up our exam, look at our mark, give us either a "Man you suck" or a "Oooh, well isn't this surprising?" look and then give you your exam back. How irritating is that?!
Well, I got to the front of the line and was like "Um, Lau. L-A-U?"
They checked htrough the pile of exams, grabbed mine up, blatantly checked out my mark and then gave me the weirdest look ever. I'm not sure if it was a "you suck" or a "surprising" or a "let's just make her squirm" look. I didn't have the guts to check my mark until I was alone in the hallway.
Turns out they either gave me someone else's exam or I really did get one of the highest marks in my class on it. 90% baby! WOO HOO!!!!! I think the average was like, 72% or something! (not that it matters because we all know we should never compare ourselves to others. Ha!)
And that's all that's been going on here. It blizzarded yestesrday and it was snowing so hard I got snow whipped into my ears. Luckily, I had my ipod mini with me so I just put in the ear phones and went on my merry way. When I couldn't hack it, I hopped into the new Tim Hortons on campus and ordered a honey cruller, then thought, "what the hey? I'm here anyways" and ordered an apple cheese strudel too.
I'm next in Calgary either at the end of November or not until Christmas! I know, it sucks, but I have a test every week and even though I want to come back this long weekend, I can't. Oh woe is me!!!!!
To cheer myself (and my adoring fans in Calgary) up, I'll post this link for some crazy Korean (or is it Japanese? I'm bad with them foreign languages dang it) short movie that Gabe sent me.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7820333450116505275&q=shingo
Toodles everyone! We get to do a lactose intolerance test next week where we have to drink straight lactose dissolved in water and then breath into bags and seal it every 30 minutes. fun fun fun!
"Are you not aware that foam on my latte makes me farty and bloated?!"
I also get to give another elementary school talk next week to a bunch of grade one kids. We bring in the education outreach hawk from our exotics club and display her to the kids and they all oooo and aaah and then she poops on their carpet.
And then I have to run around cleaning it up while the kids all squirm and point at the spot in excitement.
Hey man, at least I'm not in nursing or something where I have to run to high schools and give sexual education talks in CALM class. I'd rather clean up bird sh*t than put a condom on a banana any day. Some of you might disagree but what you do on your own time is none of my business.
Well, back to studying bacteriology. Test on Tuesday. Havent gotten through all my notes even once yet. Eep!
Cheers,
Vivian "why the bleep is E.coli salmon coloured and not Salmonella?" Lau
PS: I just gotta have more cowbell!
PPS: And here's the reason I'm going to fail bacteriology.
http://www.ventoline.com/frozenbubble/bustamove640.html
-Oscar Wilde
People have been asking me "so are you going to blog again anytime soon?" and the truth of hte matter is, even if I wanted to, I have nothing to blog about!
My life has been so devoid of any serious drama in the last couple weeks that trying to blog about it would be like wringing snot from a used kleenex.
I'll let that image sink in for a bit.
I turned down the offer to do another animal welfare debate stating that they were too high stress and way too public. I said I'd only do a second debate if they didn't have enough people signed up and if they paid me 15 million dollars like Nicole Kidman or Renee Zellweger make per movie and if they promised me my own trailer and entourage (personal hair stylist, makeup artist, yoga instructor and handsome coffee boy. Make that two handsome coffee boys.).
Well, surprise surprise, this week, they told me they had found 3 other people to fill in my place. I'm not sweating it, they'll come crawling back to me eventually. Stupid thing is that instead of feeling relieved, I feel disappointed that I don't get to do the second debate! HOW LAME AM I? I guess I didn't realise how much I liked doing the debate till I had my chance taken away from me.
I'm like Jaws with his rawhide bones. He shows no interest in the thing whatsoever and just leaves it on the living room floor until you accidentally step on the thing and out of nowhere, while you're hopping up and down in pain (rawhide bones are harder and sharper than you think), he bolts out and sinks his little teeth into your ankle as if to say "HEY! I LOVE THAT RAWHIDE BONE! BACK OFF! GET YOUR OWN!".
Where was I going with that?
Oh yes.
I am disappointed I'm not doing the debate.
I had a second chance to participate in a different debate later that day and just as they called out for volunteers, I just sat there, numbed to it all. To be fair, I was fixated on the girl beside me's deli pickle which came with her turkey wrap, but I could have at least piped up and said "LET ME DO THE DEBATE! AND FOR GOODNESS SAKES GIVE ME YOUR PICKLE!"
Instead, I let the pickle girl and some other girl volunteer to do the thing. In the words of Mr. Bennet from Pride and Prejudice though, "Let the other young ladies have a chance to exhibit!"
And so I view it as spreading the love around. Letting everyone have their moment in the spotlight. That sort of thing. *flips hair dramatically and smiles righteously at the camera*
In other news, I got my mark back from my test last week. The idiotic thing is that we all have to line up in the Veterinary biomedical Sciences hallway infront of their main office while the secretaries hand our test back to us.
The secretaries grab up our exam, look at our mark, give us either a "Man you suck" or a "Oooh, well isn't this surprising?" look and then give you your exam back. How irritating is that?!
Well, I got to the front of the line and was like "Um, Lau. L-A-U?"
They checked htrough the pile of exams, grabbed mine up, blatantly checked out my mark and then gave me the weirdest look ever. I'm not sure if it was a "you suck" or a "surprising" or a "let's just make her squirm" look. I didn't have the guts to check my mark until I was alone in the hallway.
Turns out they either gave me someone else's exam or I really did get one of the highest marks in my class on it. 90% baby! WOO HOO!!!!! I think the average was like, 72% or something! (not that it matters because we all know we should never compare ourselves to others. Ha!)
And that's all that's been going on here. It blizzarded yestesrday and it was snowing so hard I got snow whipped into my ears. Luckily, I had my ipod mini with me so I just put in the ear phones and went on my merry way. When I couldn't hack it, I hopped into the new Tim Hortons on campus and ordered a honey cruller, then thought, "what the hey? I'm here anyways" and ordered an apple cheese strudel too.
I'm next in Calgary either at the end of November or not until Christmas! I know, it sucks, but I have a test every week and even though I want to come back this long weekend, I can't. Oh woe is me!!!!!
To cheer myself (and my adoring fans in Calgary) up, I'll post this link for some crazy Korean (or is it Japanese? I'm bad with them foreign languages dang it) short movie that Gabe sent me.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7820333450116505275&q=shingo
Toodles everyone! We get to do a lactose intolerance test next week where we have to drink straight lactose dissolved in water and then breath into bags and seal it every 30 minutes. fun fun fun!
"Are you not aware that foam on my latte makes me farty and bloated?!"
I also get to give another elementary school talk next week to a bunch of grade one kids. We bring in the education outreach hawk from our exotics club and display her to the kids and they all oooo and aaah and then she poops on their carpet.
And then I have to run around cleaning it up while the kids all squirm and point at the spot in excitement.
Hey man, at least I'm not in nursing or something where I have to run to high schools and give sexual education talks in CALM class. I'd rather clean up bird sh*t than put a condom on a banana any day. Some of you might disagree but what you do on your own time is none of my business.
Well, back to studying bacteriology. Test on Tuesday. Havent gotten through all my notes even once yet. Eep!
Cheers,
Vivian "why the bleep is E.coli salmon coloured and not Salmonella?" Lau
PS: I just gotta have more cowbell!
PPS: And here's the reason I'm going to fail bacteriology.
http://www.ventoline.com/frozenbubble/bustamove640.html


1 Comments:
That game did not consume much of my time, since I sucked at it...
Post a Comment
<< Home