Cheeseburgers and loneliness do not mix. OoooooOooo...
Currently am going crazy. Udderman skit filming day 2 is today and I have to say I know why directors are known as testy beings. First of all, no one showed up to help. Then some showed up, but my musicians were no where to be found. Then the actors all left. It's worse than working with supermodels! At least you can bait them with cocaine!
So I sat there alone in the lecture hall with the camera and was so upset I ate a slice of carrot cake in less than 5 seconds and am now dying of thirst.
In other news, I am depraved of sleep and need to get a new mattress. My mattress is essentially a giant cushion with a warning label that reads "TURN OVER FREQUENTLY". I'm not sure if they mean me or the mattress.
It gets all lumpy and dented and has no back support whatsoever so that I end up feeling more tired in the morning than when I went to bed. It's horrible. At least it doesn't have bed bugs (knock on wood).
Speaking of bed bugs, I have everyone in my class convinced I'm some sort of genius with parasitology (boy are they ever wrong). Our lab and exams are set up in such a way that they have a bunch of microscopes and specimens laid out and you go around identifying what's at each station and then you answer a bunch of questions and move on.
People went out and bought lab manuals, picture texts, identification keys and crazy guides. Essentially, I just look through our powerpoint lecture notes, look for a picture of a parasite that looks like what is on the slide and voila! It's the parasite. It takes two seconds and meanwhile, people will be arguing with me cus their id key said that it's supposed to be a brown or grey colour (the specimen is beige) and then they get all confused and after I'm done three more stations, they come to find me to tell me I was right and go "how did you know? How did you do it so fast?"
i sound conceited about it, but really, I don't have a claim to higher being as it's dead easy. What annoys me most is when I have to take the time to argue with people about it. If it doesn't look exactly like thier picture in their guide book, they freak out and disagree with me. That's fine for the most part except it's a waste of my freaking time!!!!
Phew. Ok. Nice to get that off my chest. This is what happens when I miss church for a few weeks in a row. I turn into Sergeant Psycho-b*tch. Sadly, it's not PMS so it means I'm REALLY this mean right now.
Meanwhile, I am off to go drink some water as I'm dying of thirst from my consolation slice of carrot cake. I'm supposed to recruit people to film the skit this afternoon so I hope that I can convince people. I'm running low on patience, energy and a cheerful outlook on life as I didn't have coffee this morning and the whole skit thing really put me out.
Hope all of you have had better weeks than I. On the plus side, I got one of the highest marks in my class on my Poultry midterm so I feel pretty good about that. I think it was cus of my overeager anticipation for Hugh's excellent poultry cooking skills. What can I say? I had poultry on the brain. Well, that and i have my "history" with turkeys and chickens. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll just leave it at that.
Here's hoping I survive the next few weeks without killing anyone. Have the option of going for cheap beer tonight but it's a toughie. Might have to opt out and study as I have three midterms coming up in the next two weeks, plus a killer presentation and the skit and an elementary school talk and assignments and labs and meetings and volleyball and helping to decorate for our class Happy Hour and Irish dancing and laundry and groceries and I think I'll stop now.
Groan. I need sleep. And I think I'm getting fat. Maybe another slice of carrot cake would help. Or cheeseburgers. Mmm. Been craving those ever since I watched "Supersize me" last week. I think the movie was supposed to have the opposite effect.
So I sat there alone in the lecture hall with the camera and was so upset I ate a slice of carrot cake in less than 5 seconds and am now dying of thirst.
In other news, I am depraved of sleep and need to get a new mattress. My mattress is essentially a giant cushion with a warning label that reads "TURN OVER FREQUENTLY". I'm not sure if they mean me or the mattress.
It gets all lumpy and dented and has no back support whatsoever so that I end up feeling more tired in the morning than when I went to bed. It's horrible. At least it doesn't have bed bugs (knock on wood).
Speaking of bed bugs, I have everyone in my class convinced I'm some sort of genius with parasitology (boy are they ever wrong). Our lab and exams are set up in such a way that they have a bunch of microscopes and specimens laid out and you go around identifying what's at each station and then you answer a bunch of questions and move on.
People went out and bought lab manuals, picture texts, identification keys and crazy guides. Essentially, I just look through our powerpoint lecture notes, look for a picture of a parasite that looks like what is on the slide and voila! It's the parasite. It takes two seconds and meanwhile, people will be arguing with me cus their id key said that it's supposed to be a brown or grey colour (the specimen is beige) and then they get all confused and after I'm done three more stations, they come to find me to tell me I was right and go "how did you know? How did you do it so fast?"
i sound conceited about it, but really, I don't have a claim to higher being as it's dead easy. What annoys me most is when I have to take the time to argue with people about it. If it doesn't look exactly like thier picture in their guide book, they freak out and disagree with me. That's fine for the most part except it's a waste of my freaking time!!!!
Phew. Ok. Nice to get that off my chest. This is what happens when I miss church for a few weeks in a row. I turn into Sergeant Psycho-b*tch. Sadly, it's not PMS so it means I'm REALLY this mean right now.
Meanwhile, I am off to go drink some water as I'm dying of thirst from my consolation slice of carrot cake. I'm supposed to recruit people to film the skit this afternoon so I hope that I can convince people. I'm running low on patience, energy and a cheerful outlook on life as I didn't have coffee this morning and the whole skit thing really put me out.
Hope all of you have had better weeks than I. On the plus side, I got one of the highest marks in my class on my Poultry midterm so I feel pretty good about that. I think it was cus of my overeager anticipation for Hugh's excellent poultry cooking skills. What can I say? I had poultry on the brain. Well, that and i have my "history" with turkeys and chickens. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'll just leave it at that.
Here's hoping I survive the next few weeks without killing anyone. Have the option of going for cheap beer tonight but it's a toughie. Might have to opt out and study as I have three midterms coming up in the next two weeks, plus a killer presentation and the skit and an elementary school talk and assignments and labs and meetings and volleyball and helping to decorate for our class Happy Hour and Irish dancing and laundry and groceries and I think I'll stop now.
Groan. I need sleep. And I think I'm getting fat. Maybe another slice of carrot cake would help. Or cheeseburgers. Mmm. Been craving those ever since I watched "Supersize me" last week. I think the movie was supposed to have the opposite effect.


1 Comments:
Hey Vivian. Wow, I never knew you were a parasitologist expert, I thought that was Me. Those kids that have brain malfunctions whenever their ID book picture doesn't exactly match the specimen in front of them, must not have had much experience in keying out species. Good thing they don't have to do species identifications to be a vet, they just need to fix critters.
Doug (remember him) also said that after watching supersize me he was urged to eat McDonalds. You are not alone.
Post a Comment
<< Home