Oestrogen Inundation
Was having such a bad day yesterday that I decided to top it off by going to watch a movie by myself. I got to the theatre and the only girly movie that was playing at a decent time was "In Her Shoes" starring Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette and Shirley Maclaine.
Boy, if I was a guy, my testicles would have shrunk to the size of raisins by the end of that. As it is, I'm not a guy so no balls shrinkage going on here-- but my ovaries are killing me.
I basically sat there getting stunned by how immensely girly the whole thing was. It's about two sisters, total opposites (according to the previews,"the only thing they have in common is their shoe size"), who stop talking to each other cus they end up sleeping with the same guy. The rest of the movie is about how they can't do without each other and how they end up finding their estranged grandmother.
I believe the whole same shoe size thing was some metaphor for family and how, no matter how different you are from them, you'll always have one thing in common with each other- you're part of the same family. Some shite like that.
The latter half of the movie is spent trying to make the audience all teary-eyed and sentimental. I sat there going "I'm not going to cry. I'm nto going to cry. Dead puppies. Old people. Starving children in Africa-- D'OH! That's for if I don't want to laugh!!!! Oh screw it."
By then I was so distracted I never ended up crying anyways. Besides, who can take Hollywood drama seriously these days?
Well, am off to study again. This is insane. I still have piles of dishes and laundry to do and I despserately need to vaccuum. My clean underwear supply is getting dangerously low and my hole puncher exploded little bits of paper confetti all over my living room on Tuesday.
WhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIiiiiiine
Boy, if I was a guy, my testicles would have shrunk to the size of raisins by the end of that. As it is, I'm not a guy so no balls shrinkage going on here-- but my ovaries are killing me.
I basically sat there getting stunned by how immensely girly the whole thing was. It's about two sisters, total opposites (according to the previews,"the only thing they have in common is their shoe size"), who stop talking to each other cus they end up sleeping with the same guy. The rest of the movie is about how they can't do without each other and how they end up finding their estranged grandmother.
I believe the whole same shoe size thing was some metaphor for family and how, no matter how different you are from them, you'll always have one thing in common with each other- you're part of the same family. Some shite like that.
The latter half of the movie is spent trying to make the audience all teary-eyed and sentimental. I sat there going "I'm not going to cry. I'm nto going to cry. Dead puppies. Old people. Starving children in Africa-- D'OH! That's for if I don't want to laugh!!!! Oh screw it."
By then I was so distracted I never ended up crying anyways. Besides, who can take Hollywood drama seriously these days?
Well, am off to study again. This is insane. I still have piles of dishes and laundry to do and I despserately need to vaccuum. My clean underwear supply is getting dangerously low and my hole puncher exploded little bits of paper confetti all over my living room on Tuesday.
WhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIiiiiiine


1 Comments:
Try watching Spanglish. I love that movie. It's very well done.
Post a Comment
<< Home