Sunday, November 27, 2005

Paranoia, paranoia
Everybody's comin' to get me
Just say you never met me
I'm runnin' underground with the moles
Diggin' in holes
Hear the voices in my head
I swear to God it sounds like they're snoring
But if you're bored then you're boring
The agony and the irony, they're killing me, whoa!
-Flagpole Sitta, Harvey Danger

Just got home from "The Underground", the gothic industrial club in town. It was a birthday party for the goth/dominatrix chick in my class. I went to the place before in the earlier bit of the year and I have to say my second time there was even more fun!!

For some odd reason, I decided to down 2 glasses of water before i left the house and as a result, when I got to the club, I was dying for a wee.

"Where's hte bathroom in this place?" I shouted at the goth-girl amidst the thudding of the music.
"It's by the entrance! DON'T BE FREAKED CUS THERE'S OFTEN GUYS IN THE GIRL'S BATHROOM!"
"OK!"

I ran across the checkered dance floor to the dm bathrooms where, true to form, there were people of both sexes gathered around in a tiny room clearly labelled "WOMEN".

"OK make sure you pull it really tight," said a girl who was making her friend help her with her corset.

"So i'm going to draw a V on his forhead cus it's his first time coming here and he's a 'virgin.'" Five girls gathered around some guy with their eyeliner trying to draw big black V's on each other's foreheads.

I made it to the toilet where the light was burnt out. I guess that was a good thing. Even in the darkness, I could tell it was a toilet that rivalled the one from "Trainspotting" where Ewan McGregor goes diving into it to retrieve a pill.

I finished my business and wandered back out to where I was introduced to a 4th year nursing student who likes to cross-dress on the weekends and a 4th year vet student who was making out with a 3rd year.

We danced around to various industrial bands which I coudln't name if I tried and had fun oogling over everyone's outfits. Some guy in a dracula-esq cape pranced and flapped around the dance floor while two of my classmates and I did our Irish Dancing jig around him.

All in all, a great time.

Am off to study more sheep and goat stuff now. My midterm is on Monday. I have to memorize random stuff about the equine, sheep and goat and the dairy cow industry before then.

Do you know what a"raddle" is?

It's a crayon that you strap to the chest of a ram (aka a male sheep or a "tup") so that when he mounts the ewes to breed them, he ends up drawing on their backs. That way, you can tell who's been bred and who hasn't.

I can't believe I need to know that for my midterm.

I also need to know what a "hogg" (not to be confused with 'hog' which is a pig and only has one 'g') and a "gimmer", "crutching" and "teaser" are. Once of them is supposed to be the industry term for a vasectomized ram.

I'll let you guess which one.

It's like there's a different language for each species. Gtowl.

In other news, I watched "Rent" yesterday night. It was decent for the most part but horribly long and drawn out in other bits. I thought I was going to kill myself if they sang one more song by the end. It was awful. I have to say Rosario Dawson is pretty cool though. And Taye Diggs is really hot (sorry Gabe).

And that's all for now folks.

Till next time, tighten those corsets and remember to pay your rent.

-Vivian "I want a big black cape so I can flap around" Lau

1 Comments:

Blogger Ptilonyssus said...

How could you dance around some loser. I will have you know that in the Elk business we have no such lingo as seen here.

11:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm an insane vet stuck in an insane world with an equally insane bunny (who is now only with us in spirit)



Confessions of an Overachiever
Journogirl
No Cash Value
Frying Sheep
The Ethnography of Me
Pomegranate
All about me...and others
Lagerstatten
Drive
Jen and John's wedding blog
Post Secret
WCHS people
time-wastey goodness
Devil ducky
Weebls
Sudoku
Scrubs character quiz
PBF
Rotten Tomatoes
Pandora
Web.tickle

artsy fartsy silly stuff
Pixelgirl
Deviant art
Popyura
Yumiko
Project Gutenberg
My Flickr page

shopping
Paper-doll
Pixelgirl shop
Chapters/Indigo
Snazzy-girl
OMG I want it

geeking out
Tree of Life
National Geographic
MerckVetManual
CIA World Factbook
Agripedia
Google Maps
Yahoo widgets
            
 

Powered by Blogger

Free Blog Counter