"Twas the night before [the pathology lab final] . . ."
It's the night before my pathology lab final and I'm totally wired on coffee. I've studied about all I can study for the damned thing. It's come to the point where everything is starting to look the same. Scar tissue is looking like cancer which is looking more and more like abscesses. Ugh!
And really, it's not the end of the world if I don't get 100% on this. Oh who am I kidding? I thrive on marks!
It's been snowing in Saskatoon and I have to say that I absolutely love winter. For now, the joy and novelty of walking home from school in the snow hasn't worn off yet. There's something so nostalgic about the glow of streetlights amonst the swirling snowflakes. It always gives me this warm feeling like I've just taken a sip of hot cider and suddenly, I get a flashback of sitting in the backseat of my mom's car on the way home from piano lessons. Joanne's strapped into the seat beside me and outside, there's snow falling and everywhere, green garlands with red bows and wreathes are hung on every street light.
I realise wreathes and garlands couldn't possibly have been hung on every streetlight between downtown and my house but somehow, in my memory, that's how it was.
Of course, it takes about 2 seconds for me to go through all of that and then a sharp wind will wake me out of my reverie and I'll realise the light has changed and I can cross the street.
Still, it's nice.
Then and again, my child-like exuberance for winter seems to have affected my mitten-wearing skills. I think 6 out of 7 days a week, I'll mix up my left mitten with my right and end up putting them on the wrong hands. I'm almost tempted to get the infamous 'idiot strings' but I couldn't bear the shame. A BSc (honours, thank you very much) and a year of veterinary school and I still can't figure out mittens. Sigh.
And that's it for now. I need my beauty sleep if I am to pass this exam tomorrow and have enough energy to cram for my other test on Thursday.
I don't think I will be going out to Calgary until Christmas (sorry Salima and Feroza and Joanne and other Calgarians). I'm afraid the highway conditions aren't conducive to safe-driving for crazy drivers like me. That and I don't have 12 hours of any weekend to spare for driving to and from cowtown.
I am a very busy and important person you know. (Ha! No. I actually have a test practically every week between now and Christmas. Pity me.).
Well, take care everyone. Have a good week.
And when in doubt, pick "c".
-Vivian "is this a boil or a pimple?" Lau
PS: It was a gummy bear.
PPS: There's an "ugly old sweater" party this weekend but I'm not sure if I'll go yet. I gave away all my ugly old sweaters or I still wear them so I don't think they're ugly! I suppose I could go to Value Village and grab some but there's something about Value Village that makes all their clothes smell like old sandwiches in a plastic lunchbox.
And really, it's not the end of the world if I don't get 100% on this. Oh who am I kidding? I thrive on marks!
It's been snowing in Saskatoon and I have to say that I absolutely love winter. For now, the joy and novelty of walking home from school in the snow hasn't worn off yet. There's something so nostalgic about the glow of streetlights amonst the swirling snowflakes. It always gives me this warm feeling like I've just taken a sip of hot cider and suddenly, I get a flashback of sitting in the backseat of my mom's car on the way home from piano lessons. Joanne's strapped into the seat beside me and outside, there's snow falling and everywhere, green garlands with red bows and wreathes are hung on every street light.
I realise wreathes and garlands couldn't possibly have been hung on every streetlight between downtown and my house but somehow, in my memory, that's how it was.
Of course, it takes about 2 seconds for me to go through all of that and then a sharp wind will wake me out of my reverie and I'll realise the light has changed and I can cross the street.
Still, it's nice.
Then and again, my child-like exuberance for winter seems to have affected my mitten-wearing skills. I think 6 out of 7 days a week, I'll mix up my left mitten with my right and end up putting them on the wrong hands. I'm almost tempted to get the infamous 'idiot strings' but I couldn't bear the shame. A BSc (honours, thank you very much) and a year of veterinary school and I still can't figure out mittens. Sigh.
And that's it for now. I need my beauty sleep if I am to pass this exam tomorrow and have enough energy to cram for my other test on Thursday.
I don't think I will be going out to Calgary until Christmas (sorry Salima and Feroza and Joanne and other Calgarians). I'm afraid the highway conditions aren't conducive to safe-driving for crazy drivers like me. That and I don't have 12 hours of any weekend to spare for driving to and from cowtown.
I am a very busy and important person you know. (Ha! No. I actually have a test practically every week between now and Christmas. Pity me.).
Well, take care everyone. Have a good week.
And when in doubt, pick "c".
-Vivian "is this a boil or a pimple?" Lau
PS: It was a gummy bear.
PPS: There's an "ugly old sweater" party this weekend but I'm not sure if I'll go yet. I gave away all my ugly old sweaters or I still wear them so I don't think they're ugly! I suppose I could go to Value Village and grab some but there's something about Value Village that makes all their clothes smell like old sandwiches in a plastic lunchbox.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home