The madness continues
Well, just went to pick up my antimalarials for the summer and paid a whopping SIX HUNDRED AND SOMETHING DOLLARS for them. Better than getting malaria I suppose. India is supposed to have the nastiest form of malaria. Great. Did I mention that there was a suicide bombing in Sri Lanka in which civilians were injured? I'm heading there in a few months. AH!
Also went to the elementary school to pick up those penpal letters and a cheque for money they raised so we can buy school supplies for the kids in India. I walked in and the teacher was like "Well, you're a vet right?!"
"Actually, I'm a vet student. Big difference."
But before I could say anything else, she plopped this sickly guinea pig into my hands and asked me what was wrong with it. The guinea pig didn't squeal or anything (much to my disappointment) but it did have two ginormous tumours on it. I told her they were tumours but that they were OK.
"Well what about this one? It bled out!"
She pointed at this disgusting lump of scabby stuff on the side of the guinea pig. "Dagnammit woman! I just wrote a THREE HOUR EXAM about PIG SH*T AND DOG SEX! I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER TEST!" I wanted to shout at her, but instead, I just poked at it, got the scab all over my fingers and told her it was going to be OK.
Then the kids, who had been on lunch recess came into the classroom and started gaping at me like I was some sort of three-legged freak in that lovely way that kids do. I turned to take the letters and cheque and be on my merry way but before I could leave, the teacher chimed in, "Well since the kids are here, why don't you say a word or two to them?"
I stood in all my post-exam brain-dead glory in front of the 30 kids. They all stared expectantly at me.
"Uh. Hi kids. Um, thanks?"
"You all remember Vivian don't you?" said the teacher.
"YEAH!"
I stood there in awkward silence and tried to say something helpful. In the background, the guinea pig scampered around its cardboard enclosure.
"Well, uh, well, I guess I'll be going to India and working with some animals this summer and uh, yeah. Yes, you there. You have a question?"
Some red haired kid shot up his hand and waved it around frantically.
"How do you draw them?"
"Excuse me?"
"How do you draw them?"
"Draw what?"
The teacher intervened for me and eventually let me off the hook. I grabbed the envelope of letters and the cheque and practically bolted out the front doors of the school. I got to my car and banged my head repeatedly on the steering wheel before notcing something smelled funny.
It was my hands. They smelled like necrotic guinea pig tumours.
A whole bunch of other weird stuff happened to me (I had a three hour protocol review committee meeting this afternoon in which I made an ass of myself in front of a whole roomfull of doctors, vets and PhD's). I also drove like a maniac seeing as I only had three hours of sleep.
But anyhow, I've got 12 hours till my virology exam so I kind of need to cram. i'm only on lecture 4 of 16. UGH!
And I'm still debating whether I want to move. And I still need to pack. And at some point, I need to sleep. I really, really, really need sleep.
And before I get to post it, here's a link for Salima (turns out we just have to lick her arm to get high):
Salema fish
Bye everyone. Going mad.
Also went to the elementary school to pick up those penpal letters and a cheque for money they raised so we can buy school supplies for the kids in India. I walked in and the teacher was like "Well, you're a vet right?!"
"Actually, I'm a vet student. Big difference."
But before I could say anything else, she plopped this sickly guinea pig into my hands and asked me what was wrong with it. The guinea pig didn't squeal or anything (much to my disappointment) but it did have two ginormous tumours on it. I told her they were tumours but that they were OK.
"Well what about this one? It bled out!"
She pointed at this disgusting lump of scabby stuff on the side of the guinea pig. "Dagnammit woman! I just wrote a THREE HOUR EXAM about PIG SH*T AND DOG SEX! I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER TEST!" I wanted to shout at her, but instead, I just poked at it, got the scab all over my fingers and told her it was going to be OK.
Then the kids, who had been on lunch recess came into the classroom and started gaping at me like I was some sort of three-legged freak in that lovely way that kids do. I turned to take the letters and cheque and be on my merry way but before I could leave, the teacher chimed in, "Well since the kids are here, why don't you say a word or two to them?"
I stood in all my post-exam brain-dead glory in front of the 30 kids. They all stared expectantly at me.
"Uh. Hi kids. Um, thanks?"
"You all remember Vivian don't you?" said the teacher.
"YEAH!"
I stood there in awkward silence and tried to say something helpful. In the background, the guinea pig scampered around its cardboard enclosure.
"Well, uh, well, I guess I'll be going to India and working with some animals this summer and uh, yeah. Yes, you there. You have a question?"
Some red haired kid shot up his hand and waved it around frantically.
"How do you draw them?"
"Excuse me?"
"How do you draw them?"
"Draw what?"
The teacher intervened for me and eventually let me off the hook. I grabbed the envelope of letters and the cheque and practically bolted out the front doors of the school. I got to my car and banged my head repeatedly on the steering wheel before notcing something smelled funny.
It was my hands. They smelled like necrotic guinea pig tumours.
A whole bunch of other weird stuff happened to me (I had a three hour protocol review committee meeting this afternoon in which I made an ass of myself in front of a whole roomfull of doctors, vets and PhD's). I also drove like a maniac seeing as I only had three hours of sleep.
But anyhow, I've got 12 hours till my virology exam so I kind of need to cram. i'm only on lecture 4 of 16. UGH!
And I'm still debating whether I want to move. And I still need to pack. And at some point, I need to sleep. I really, really, really need sleep.
And before I get to post it, here's a link for Salima (turns out we just have to lick her arm to get high):
Salema fish
Bye everyone. Going mad.


2 Comments:
Why the "£$% were you reading "practical fishkeeping?"
And finally,
HALLUCINOGENICLIMA!!!
Vivian?
Here's something weird. I was trying to look up the speciaes name of the jelly fish I did research on while I was in bamfield, and I came upon a blog. It popped up in a google search about cnidarians and bamfield. Then, there was a girl doing research on sea pens for a second season, then something about a Laurie and Gabriel who had met before, then something about Calgary...
So, my question is, what the heck was that stupid jellyfish that I was researching?
Neal
somecats.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home