Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm sorry. Your fingers are too fat to type this blog.

I've had a suspicion for some time now that vet school is making me fat. Well this week, I documented all the free food (and not so free food) I've consumed. Keep in mind I only documented the highlights of my days, not every single thing I ate.

Allow me to illustrate my week for you:

Monday
-free pizza talk (I had three slices pizza with a regular coke- thank you anonymous pharmaceutical company! )

Tuesday
-UofS 100th birthday Chocolate Cake (three modest slices, they made enough to serve the entire campus and more!)
-Aero/smarties/kitkat chocolate (free from Purina food booth at drug day), Werthers (courtesy of some other drug or pet food company)
-buffeteria lunch (creamy corn chowder with two packets of soda crackers)
-free starbucks coffee (courtesy of yet another drug/petfood/vet insurance company)
-cadbury cream eggs (courtesy of intervet drug company, plus a free textbook on reproduction in domestic species! w00t!)
-and a trip to Tim Hortons (sweetened chocolatey mocha!). Mmmmmm.
-Hickory sticks from the trusty vending machine to keep awake during my three hour long afternoon lecture about FINANCES of all things.

Wednesday
-another free pizza lunch (thank you anonymous pet insurance company)
-more hickory sticks to survive another three hour long afternoon lecture about finances, resumes and INSURANCE?!
-a free pizza dinner with free pop and chips (thank you "holistic" pet food company for a truly holistic meal)
-free samosas, wings, chicken fingers, dry ribs and beer (courtesy of the student's association at my college for our last meeting of the year)
-and, ahem, a slice of my roommate's famous cherry pie and some homemade soft chocolate chocolate chip cookies.

Thursdsay
-FREE PIZZA LUNCH (thank you animal welfare society!)
-Oh-Henry bar from my classmate for Easter. Mmmmm
-and free donuts in class from our new prof cus she went overtime on her last lecture (by like, two minutes, honestly! if we got free donuts each time one of our profs went over lecture time, we'd be five hundred pounds a piece by now)
-a whole bag of juice berry gummies from the trusty vending machine to keep myself awake for yet ANOTHER three hour lecture about different lay-out plans for vet clinics and how the smell of different antiseptics can affect how your clients feel.

Friday-
-left over cherry pie for brekkie
Good Friday potluck complete with:
-spinach and artichoke dip (spinach and artichoke drowned in one stick of butter plus one stick of cream cheese plus a tub of sour cream and two bags of shredded cheese)
-lots of ham
-some sort of creamy cheesey casserole
-homemade PECAN PIE
-homemade chocolate marshmallow squares
-a home-made cheese ball (literally, a five inch diameter ball of cream cheese/cheddar/mozarella/etc that you dig into with crackers or chips)
-and white wine
-oh yes, and as much easter chocolate as I could fit into my overflowing stomach (mini eggs! MY achille's heel!)

Today, I am going out for deep fried appetizers with some girls after we head to my church's Easter show. To hold me over till then, I've been eating left over hunks of ham (which I classily kept in a ziploc bag in my purse to bring home from the pot luck) and left over spinach and artichoke dip (two cups of the stuff. it's so fatty that when it hits room temp, it congeals and goes solid like a big hunk of cheese/lard).


On the plus side, there's more of me to love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

My Photo
Name:
Location: Maryland, United States

I'm an insane vet stuck in an insane world with an equally insane bunny (who is now only with us in spirit)



Confessions of an Overachiever
Journogirl
No Cash Value
Frying Sheep
The Ethnography of Me
Pomegranate
All about me...and others
Lagerstatten
Drive
Jen and John's wedding blog
Post Secret
WCHS people
time-wastey goodness
Devil ducky
Weebls
Sudoku
Scrubs character quiz
PBF
Rotten Tomatoes
Pandora
Web.tickle

artsy fartsy silly stuff
Pixelgirl
Deviant art
Popyura
Yumiko
Project Gutenberg
My Flickr page

shopping
Paper-doll
Pixelgirl shop
Chapters/Indigo
Snazzy-girl
OMG I want it

geeking out
Tree of Life
National Geographic
MerckVetManual
CIA World Factbook
Agripedia
Google Maps
Yahoo widgets
            
 

Powered by Blogger

Free Blog Counter