The Empire State of Mind Strikes Back

Just got back from New York City and was relieved to find that Captain Malcolm the cat has not destroyed the apartment in the time we were gone. He did manage to eat about 3 days worth of cat food in 24 hours (and produce 3 days worth of cat poop in the same amount of time) but has been acting like he's staaaaarving anyway since we got home.
Had an awesome time in NY with Gabe's family and got to meet up with my old internmate and classmate from vet school. I ended up getting lost on the subway system and somehow ended up on Coney Island when really, I meant to be in the middle of St. Marks around NYU. I wandered around in the rain and the dark until my old internmate called and gave me step-by-step directions on how to find her.
We went for delicious Japanese food and ended off the night in perfect fashion by, dare I actually admit this, watching the latest installment of the Twilight series.
Yes, that's right.
I watched it.
And more than that: I LIKED IT.
Random person comes out and attempts to strangle me. "It's kinder this way."
(that was a hidden reference to a "That Mitchell and Webb Look" sketch)
Anyhow, favorite scene from the movie was the one where Taylor Lautner rips off his shirt in this dramatic fashion and the camera zooms in on his chest and abs. I couldn't decide whether to laugh really hard or just drool. I think I managed to do some of both.

Second favorite scene features a sparkly Bella and Edward dressed in flowy white outfits and prancing through the rainforest in slow-mo (sorry, couldn't find a still from that scene). That was almost as good as that frolicking in the meadow scene with Anakin Skywalker and Padme in one of the 'Star Wars' prequels.

Almost, but not quite that awesome. Let's face it. That was cinematic gold never to be duplicated again.
And as to whether I'm Team Jacob vs Team Edward, I honestly couldn't say. It would be like asking me if I'm Team Mulder or Team Legolas.
DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!!
And before I further reveal how much of a geek I am, I'd better sign off.
But before I do, here's another awesome Mitchell and Webb sketch that makes me feel like I should keep up with the vet med thing just so I have something to talk about with Gabe when he gets home after a long day at the hospital.
PS: I brought my old CD's down from Canada and had the joy of blasting the Garden State soundtrack whilst driving through New Jersey on my way home. Always wanted to do that.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home