I think I'm getting old
My little 11year old cousin has been begging me to download music for her ipod and being the awesome older cousin that I am, I agreed to do it for her.
I took a list of her requests and got the songs without incident.
Just to screen them for bad words, I decided I'd have a listen.
BIG MISTAKE.
What the heck are kids listening to nowadays?!

I have had the joy of having "Fireflies" by Owl City stuck in my head all week. It's the music equivalent of getting water boarded. I keep thinking my head is going to explode, but somehow, it doesn't. I mean, the intro is all fine and dandy but the song takes a serious downturn when the dude starts singing.
Nonetheless, the song is catchy as heck and makes me want to punch kittens whenever the line, "cus I get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs" runs through my head. (Seriously, who wrote those lyrics? Barney?)

My little cousin also requested the Miley Cyrus song, "Party in the USA" which has also been stuck in my head all week but makes my ear drums bleed when she screeches, "YYEeeeeeEAAAEAHHHhhhh . . . it's a party in the USA!"
And finally, as a result of my goodhearted downloading, I've been singing Taylor Swift songs to the cat all week. Poor cat. He's taken to curling up in his new bed with his head buried under his tail.

I'd stop torturing him but it's kinda cute when he curls up like that.
He's also been forced to listen to my renditions of all the Glee songs while I do the dishes.

Um, I think we can all agree that the Defying Gravity solo should have gone to ME!!! (The fact that I can't hit the high F doesn't mean a thing).
I'll bet the lady at the SPCA had no idea what horrors the poor cat was going to be subjected to when she let me adopt him . . .
I took a list of her requests and got the songs without incident.
Just to screen them for bad words, I decided I'd have a listen.
BIG MISTAKE.
What the heck are kids listening to nowadays?!

I have had the joy of having "Fireflies" by Owl City stuck in my head all week. It's the music equivalent of getting water boarded. I keep thinking my head is going to explode, but somehow, it doesn't. I mean, the intro is all fine and dandy but the song takes a serious downturn when the dude starts singing.
Nonetheless, the song is catchy as heck and makes me want to punch kittens whenever the line, "cus I get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs" runs through my head. (Seriously, who wrote those lyrics? Barney?)

My little cousin also requested the Miley Cyrus song, "Party in the USA" which has also been stuck in my head all week but makes my ear drums bleed when she screeches, "YYEeeeeeEAAAEAHHHhhhh . . . it's a party in the USA!"
And finally, as a result of my goodhearted downloading, I've been singing Taylor Swift songs to the cat all week. Poor cat. He's taken to curling up in his new bed with his head buried under his tail.

I'd stop torturing him but it's kinda cute when he curls up like that.
He's also been forced to listen to my renditions of all the Glee songs while I do the dishes.

Um, I think we can all agree that the Defying Gravity solo should have gone to ME!!! (The fact that I can't hit the high F doesn't mean a thing).
I'll bet the lady at the SPCA had no idea what horrors the poor cat was going to be subjected to when she let me adopt him . . .


1 Comments:
Awwww, that's so cute that your cat hides in horror in his little bed. You know, you're lucky he actually uses it! I got a "pyramid" covered bed thing for Fraggle, and in typical cat style, made it obvious that he was ignoring it and just sniffed at it once in awhile. Once I picked him up and tried to stick him in there. Needless to say, that backfired, and he would run every time he saw me that week. Good thing Pet Valu does refunds...
Post a Comment
<< Home