Gimme a break
I have officially booked some vacation time for myself!!!
The dilemma now: Where to go?
I am constrained by time and budget but the ideas of Europe, SE Asia and Peru have all come up. Also the idea of going to Vancouver island and attempting the West Coat trail has been tossed around although Gabe and I are not seasoned campers by any means (which makes it all the more appealing . . .)!
At this point, any vacation time is fine with me, especially since I finally have two days off in a row and at 2am last night, my overnight technician called and kept me on the phone for 30 minutes about a cat.

I kept saying, "Call the other doctors! I haven't been at work for 24 hours and I have no idea what they wrote on their treatment sheet! If you can't read it and you're the one standing there, I doubly can't read it cus, GUESS WHAT?! I'M AT HOME AND IT'S 2 AM!!!!!"
Ok, so I didn't add in the last bit. Though I was sorely tempted.
In the end, I was so angry from the phone call (and Gabe was angry too as he got woken up too and is on call for 28 hours today in the ICU) that I couldn't fall back asleep until 3am.
This is not the first time this technician has called me at home in the ungodly hours of the night, asking about patients that are no longer under my care or asking me about really bizarre things.
Her excuse was always that all the other doctors turned off their phones at night and that I was the only one who answered.
Now I know why. Sadly, I'm fearing a "cry wolf" situation where I won't answer my phone now when something really bad goes down with my patients.
Growl.
Anyhow, it's my day off. My sleep cycle is all ruined but nothing a little coffee can't fix. It's a gorgeous day out and I plan on going for a run.
The weather is that lovely cool spring weather where it's just hot enough that you don't need a jacket but just cool enough that you don't feel like hiding under a rock. The flowers are out and there's a lovely breeze and everything is green green green cus of all the rain we got this week.
Who can stay angry with mundane 2am phone calls when it's this gorgeous outside?
The dilemma now: Where to go?
I am constrained by time and budget but the ideas of Europe, SE Asia and Peru have all come up. Also the idea of going to Vancouver island and attempting the West Coat trail has been tossed around although Gabe and I are not seasoned campers by any means (which makes it all the more appealing . . .)!
At this point, any vacation time is fine with me, especially since I finally have two days off in a row and at 2am last night, my overnight technician called and kept me on the phone for 30 minutes about a cat.

I kept saying, "Call the other doctors! I haven't been at work for 24 hours and I have no idea what they wrote on their treatment sheet! If you can't read it and you're the one standing there, I doubly can't read it cus, GUESS WHAT?! I'M AT HOME AND IT'S 2 AM!!!!!"
Ok, so I didn't add in the last bit. Though I was sorely tempted.
In the end, I was so angry from the phone call (and Gabe was angry too as he got woken up too and is on call for 28 hours today in the ICU) that I couldn't fall back asleep until 3am.
This is not the first time this technician has called me at home in the ungodly hours of the night, asking about patients that are no longer under my care or asking me about really bizarre things.
Her excuse was always that all the other doctors turned off their phones at night and that I was the only one who answered.
Now I know why. Sadly, I'm fearing a "cry wolf" situation where I won't answer my phone now when something really bad goes down with my patients.
Growl.
Anyhow, it's my day off. My sleep cycle is all ruined but nothing a little coffee can't fix. It's a gorgeous day out and I plan on going for a run.
The weather is that lovely cool spring weather where it's just hot enough that you don't need a jacket but just cool enough that you don't feel like hiding under a rock. The flowers are out and there's a lovely breeze and everything is green green green cus of all the rain we got this week.
Who can stay angry with mundane 2am phone calls when it's this gorgeous outside?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home