O Canadia
So I just got back from a lovely four days in Toronto where I was able to catch up with the lovely Salima and ate until I thought I would burst.

I finally got my "Timmie's" fix!
My flights to and from Canadia were none too pleasant as lovely United airlines and US airways decided to lose my bags somewhere in Chicago. My flights were all delayed and somehow, I ended up with 20 minutes to make a connection at O'Hare airport. I made it, out of breath and sweaty, but my bags did not. I met up with my old roomie Dani on the night of Day 2 and she kindly told me I didn't smell, but I know better. I was on the verge of turning my underwear inside out after wearing the same outfit for 48 hours straight, when they finally delivered my bags to Salima's apartment.
All is well and I'm now back in B'more. I'm starting to miss my job (it's only been two weeks!) and I broke down and checked the online lab results for all my patients. I've also been eying every dog and cat that I pass by and it may just be me, but I swear there are more of them out and about than before. Gabe says there are exactly the same number of dogs around our neighborhood and that I'm just being overly sensitive. "Are you telling me I'm crazy? ARE YOU?! There ARE more dogs! They're TAUNTING ME!!!!!"
He wisely decided to drop the topic and has not mentioned it since.
In my attempts to quench my animal withdrawal, I stumbled across this awesome Etsy site which made me laugh. My favorites are the "cat steeping tea" art print and the "schnauzer in the bathroom" tile coaster. I have a weakness for schnauzers as they always remind me of grumpy old men. (And why would that endear them to me? Who knows!) All I can say is, a grumpy schnauzer on a toilet? What's not to love?
Anyhow, I must return to my Christmas shopping/present-making. I have decided since I have the time this year to try and handmake as many of my Christmas gifts as possible.
So far, I've only gotten one and a half made. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
Sigh.
I need to abduct me some elves, or figure out a way to train the neighborhood squirrels to operate a sewing machine. I could literally pay them PEANUTS! *rubs hands together furtively*
Hmmm . . . yes . . . I think I'm onto something here . . .
I finally got my "Timmie's" fix!
My flights to and from Canadia were none too pleasant as lovely United airlines and US airways decided to lose my bags somewhere in Chicago. My flights were all delayed and somehow, I ended up with 20 minutes to make a connection at O'Hare airport. I made it, out of breath and sweaty, but my bags did not. I met up with my old roomie Dani on the night of Day 2 and she kindly told me I didn't smell, but I know better. I was on the verge of turning my underwear inside out after wearing the same outfit for 48 hours straight, when they finally delivered my bags to Salima's apartment.
All is well and I'm now back in B'more. I'm starting to miss my job (it's only been two weeks!) and I broke down and checked the online lab results for all my patients. I've also been eying every dog and cat that I pass by and it may just be me, but I swear there are more of them out and about than before. Gabe says there are exactly the same number of dogs around our neighborhood and that I'm just being overly sensitive. "Are you telling me I'm crazy? ARE YOU?! There ARE more dogs! They're TAUNTING ME!!!!!"
He wisely decided to drop the topic and has not mentioned it since.
In my attempts to quench my animal withdrawal, I stumbled across this awesome Etsy site which made me laugh. My favorites are the "cat steeping tea" art print and the "schnauzer in the bathroom" tile coaster. I have a weakness for schnauzers as they always remind me of grumpy old men. (And why would that endear them to me? Who knows!) All I can say is, a grumpy schnauzer on a toilet? What's not to love?
Anyhow, I must return to my Christmas shopping/present-making. I have decided since I have the time this year to try and handmake as many of my Christmas gifts as possible.
So far, I've only gotten one and a half made. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
Sigh.
I need to abduct me some elves, or figure out a way to train the neighborhood squirrels to operate a sewing machine. I could literally pay them PEANUTS! *rubs hands together furtively*
Hmmm . . . yes . . . I think I'm onto something here . . .


1 Comments:
BaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAAAaaaaAAAA!!!! I miss youuuuuuuu!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home