Hot days and long nights
Alright so right after I posted last and commented that despite the heat wave, we hadn't gotten any heat stroke dogs, we did in fact get SEVERAL heat stroke dogs. None of them did well and one even went into DIC (which stands for "Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation" but for all that, what it really stands for in the vet world is "Death . . . Is . . . Coming . . ."). It was not pretty.
Add to this a slew of gorky yorkies (as I fondly call all yorkshire terriers), the MEGACOLON of all Megacolons (three pounds of poop ladies and gentlemen, I strained my bicep while doing a manual disimpaction at 2 in the morning- I daresay that really does deserve the capital letters) and a series of very unfortunate events involving some cranky diabetic cats.
I would stay at work for 13 hours at a time then get home, try to catch a few winks, but would have my overnight technicians wake me up every hour on the hour. It was like being on call for 5 days straight.
By the end, I was losing it and ready to snap.
I had two days off in which time I tried to do as little as possible and recupe.
I had another two lovely days of the craziest clients ever and finally, FINALLY, I have three days off in a row. Unfortunately, I am stuck at my aunt's house babysitting my little cousin and taking her to ballet recitals.
If I ever had any fleeting interest in ballet, it's over now. Nothing like a bunch of old men (and I mean octogenarian old) in tights (TIGHT tights) prancing around with girls in leotards. My little cousin's ballet teacher (think "Golden girls" if they gained a lot of weight, had dyed platinum blonde hair and got older) also insisted on being in the recital and at the dress rehearsal last night had a moment where one strap of her tank top slid off and she nearly flashed the entire auditorium of horrified parents.
Or maybe it was just the one horrified older cousin in the auditorium who was still recovering from the sight of old men testicles wrapped in lycra.
Sigh.
Hey, it beats working.
And that's just sad.
Well, just two more days to go and I'm back to work. In the meantime, have fun, wherever you are. And don't feel sorry for me. I'm already dead . . .
La fin.
Add to this a slew of gorky yorkies (as I fondly call all yorkshire terriers), the MEGACOLON of all Megacolons (three pounds of poop ladies and gentlemen, I strained my bicep while doing a manual disimpaction at 2 in the morning- I daresay that really does deserve the capital letters) and a series of very unfortunate events involving some cranky diabetic cats.
I would stay at work for 13 hours at a time then get home, try to catch a few winks, but would have my overnight technicians wake me up every hour on the hour. It was like being on call for 5 days straight.
By the end, I was losing it and ready to snap.
I had two days off in which time I tried to do as little as possible and recupe.
I had another two lovely days of the craziest clients ever and finally, FINALLY, I have three days off in a row. Unfortunately, I am stuck at my aunt's house babysitting my little cousin and taking her to ballet recitals.
If I ever had any fleeting interest in ballet, it's over now. Nothing like a bunch of old men (and I mean octogenarian old) in tights (TIGHT tights) prancing around with girls in leotards. My little cousin's ballet teacher (think "Golden girls" if they gained a lot of weight, had dyed platinum blonde hair and got older) also insisted on being in the recital and at the dress rehearsal last night had a moment where one strap of her tank top slid off and she nearly flashed the entire auditorium of horrified parents.
Or maybe it was just the one horrified older cousin in the auditorium who was still recovering from the sight of old men testicles wrapped in lycra.
Sigh.
Hey, it beats working.
And that's just sad.
Well, just two more days to go and I'm back to work. In the meantime, have fun, wherever you are. And don't feel sorry for me. I'm already dead . . .
La fin.


1 Comments:
Once again, I need to remember to not be eating anything when reading your blogs... ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home