All work and no play
Another one of those worst weeks ever at work, but somehow, I survived. Many of my patients did not. Hopefully through no fault of my own.
I have this theory that despite of, or in spite of, everything you do as a medical professional, if your patient's number is up- it's up.
It's a frustrating thing battling for days to save something's life, only to have it improve slightly and then catastrophically plummet, circle the drain, and die.
Anyhow, enough whining.
I have about 11 days left of work and I'm eagerly looking forward to my time off. I've so many plans, half of which I know I'll never be able to achieve, during my period of time off. As to what I'm doing next year, I have no idea yet. It's a bit scary launching myself into the world of unemployment with absolutely no plans. I've done it before and I know how scary and depressing it can be so I'm not looking forward to that.
Mostly, I'm getting restless again and yearning for an adventure in some exciting foreign place. Anywhere off North America is fine by me at this point!
In the meantime, I'll slog away at work. Hope none of my patients die this week and that instead, more clients will bring in thank-you food items to me. A lovely old lady brought us giant buckets of caramel popcorn which my clinic devoured in two days. Another, more health conscious client, brought in bags of baby carrots, delicious giant apples and super crisp thin chocolate chip cookies.
And that is all from this end. It's my much needed day off and I've got laundry up to my eyeballs I need to get through (hopefully before Malcolm comes and rolls in it all).
I have this theory that despite of, or in spite of, everything you do as a medical professional, if your patient's number is up- it's up.
It's a frustrating thing battling for days to save something's life, only to have it improve slightly and then catastrophically plummet, circle the drain, and die.
Anyhow, enough whining.
I have about 11 days left of work and I'm eagerly looking forward to my time off. I've so many plans, half of which I know I'll never be able to achieve, during my period of time off. As to what I'm doing next year, I have no idea yet. It's a bit scary launching myself into the world of unemployment with absolutely no plans. I've done it before and I know how scary and depressing it can be so I'm not looking forward to that.
Mostly, I'm getting restless again and yearning for an adventure in some exciting foreign place. Anywhere off North America is fine by me at this point!
In the meantime, I'll slog away at work. Hope none of my patients die this week and that instead, more clients will bring in thank-you food items to me. A lovely old lady brought us giant buckets of caramel popcorn which my clinic devoured in two days. Another, more health conscious client, brought in bags of baby carrots, delicious giant apples and super crisp thin chocolate chip cookies.
And that is all from this end. It's my much needed day off and I've got laundry up to my eyeballs I need to get through (hopefully before Malcolm comes and rolls in it all).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home