Bee Hoon Goreng
Vivian's current top five favorite things in the world:
1. TOILET PAPER
2. CLEAN TOILETS
3. mossy forests
4. fried bananas
5. fresh watermelon juice
Used my first squatter "toilet" of the summer today. I was already so proud of myself for using the squatter that I decided not to brave the good ole bucket of water and bowl beside me and instead opted for good old fashioned TP, the way nature intended.
Am currently in the Cameron Highlands, a gorgeous paradise of tea plantations, mossy rainforests and cloudy peaks. Went for a trek in the high upland forests and got totally covered in mud. It was AWESOME! Just like the west coast trail but with pitcher plants, geckos, a whole orchestra of cicadas and crazy orchids.
Our hostel is really amazing and wild flowers of overy shape and size are growing absolutely everywhere. The cicadas are so loud that I can't barely hear myself think and there was this little lizard on the wall that moves at the speed of light. We also saw a long-horned beetle or something like that. It was huge, orange and green and really funky.
And the food! OH THE FOOD! I'm going to gain a million pounds if the traveller's diarrhea doesn't hit me soon. There were fried bananas, noodles, laksa, bee hoon goreng (stir fried spicy vermicelli with fried cuttlefish, chicken, egg, fishcakes and vegetables), roti and goodness knows what else. I ended up accidentally eating this green chili pepper which I mistakened for a long bean in my chicken today and nearly started hallucinating. I couldn't speak for a good 2 minutes afterwards and my insides felt like they were on fire. My voice was shot for the rest of the afternoon.
Anyhow, this is going to be a short blog as I'm pressed for money. Almost out of ringets/ringids/whatever the heck the malaysian currency is. Tomorrow, we hop a bus back to KL and go to India finally. I can't wait. Unfortunately, I'm already having such issues with the so-called toilets here and I hear the ones in India are even worse. Ugh!
That's all for now folks. Thanks for all your comments an e-mails. I'll be sure to get some funky souvenirs for people if my wallet and bag-space allows. I had to stop myself from buying too much here already.
Take care everyone and ENJOY YOUR TOILETS AND TOILET PAPER!!!!!!
-Viv
1. TOILET PAPER
2. CLEAN TOILETS
3. mossy forests
4. fried bananas
5. fresh watermelon juice
Used my first squatter "toilet" of the summer today. I was already so proud of myself for using the squatter that I decided not to brave the good ole bucket of water and bowl beside me and instead opted for good old fashioned TP, the way nature intended.
Am currently in the Cameron Highlands, a gorgeous paradise of tea plantations, mossy rainforests and cloudy peaks. Went for a trek in the high upland forests and got totally covered in mud. It was AWESOME! Just like the west coast trail but with pitcher plants, geckos, a whole orchestra of cicadas and crazy orchids.
Our hostel is really amazing and wild flowers of overy shape and size are growing absolutely everywhere. The cicadas are so loud that I can't barely hear myself think and there was this little lizard on the wall that moves at the speed of light. We also saw a long-horned beetle or something like that. It was huge, orange and green and really funky.
And the food! OH THE FOOD! I'm going to gain a million pounds if the traveller's diarrhea doesn't hit me soon. There were fried bananas, noodles, laksa, bee hoon goreng (stir fried spicy vermicelli with fried cuttlefish, chicken, egg, fishcakes and vegetables), roti and goodness knows what else. I ended up accidentally eating this green chili pepper which I mistakened for a long bean in my chicken today and nearly started hallucinating. I couldn't speak for a good 2 minutes afterwards and my insides felt like they were on fire. My voice was shot for the rest of the afternoon.
Anyhow, this is going to be a short blog as I'm pressed for money. Almost out of ringets/ringids/whatever the heck the malaysian currency is. Tomorrow, we hop a bus back to KL and go to India finally. I can't wait. Unfortunately, I'm already having such issues with the so-called toilets here and I hear the ones in India are even worse. Ugh!
That's all for now folks. Thanks for all your comments an e-mails. I'll be sure to get some funky souvenirs for people if my wallet and bag-space allows. I had to stop myself from buying too much here already.
Take care everyone and ENJOY YOUR TOILETS AND TOILET PAPER!!!!!!
-Viv


4 Comments:
Congrats about using the squat toilet! I've never been able to use one of those things. I don't have the balance for it.
Glad to know you're having a good time.
Two words: so jealous!
Even with the lack of toilet paper and clean toilets, I'm super jealous!
Have fun and keep blogging.
...Fried bananas... yum...
Remember the Arachnids, remember the Arachnids.
hey babe,
sounds like fun!! You're so lucky, I just hope you know that.
Nothing new from what I know at home. Karen went to visit Slim for the weekend. Mom/Dad back home and mom has an eye infection. I was playing katamari to the point of vomiting when she called so I didn't get much else from her. Miss you tons!
I seriously hope you empty all your shoes and shake out all your clothes thoroughly before you return home. Please do not send me any butterflies.
That is all.
Good day.
Post a Comment
<< Home