Back to the 'Toon
Hey kids!
Back in the toon now. Drive home was uneventful. I sheepishly went to the same gas station where I'd borrowed a phone for the tow truck on my way out to cowtown.
Currently, it's -13oC in Saskatoon and it's deceivingly sunny. I think that the tides are turning and this week will be much better than the last few weeks for me.
My reading week was awesome and I managed to get climbing shoes and go climbing twice! The first time, I went with Karen and we giggled the whole time and did stupid stuff like try to climb the crazy inclines, then get about two meteres off the ground, unclip the first clip and then just hang there in midair giggling and pretending to use Jedi mind tricks to get to the next hold. It didn't work out so well for us.
The next day, Karen wussed out on me and I went to the Stronghold with Hugh and his "mentor". They charted out easy routes for me and I still managed to only make it about two holds up the wall before realising it was futile and laughing my head off and falling off the wall. Tons of fun.
Anyhow, am going to go calving tonight at some farm in Northern Saskatchewan. Here's hoping there's lots of dystocias! (good for me, not for the cows).
Gotta run to the bank and deposit some moola before I leave and start packing. Thank goodness for coveralls.
Toodles!
Back in the toon now. Drive home was uneventful. I sheepishly went to the same gas station where I'd borrowed a phone for the tow truck on my way out to cowtown.
Currently, it's -13oC in Saskatoon and it's deceivingly sunny. I think that the tides are turning and this week will be much better than the last few weeks for me.
My reading week was awesome and I managed to get climbing shoes and go climbing twice! The first time, I went with Karen and we giggled the whole time and did stupid stuff like try to climb the crazy inclines, then get about two meteres off the ground, unclip the first clip and then just hang there in midair giggling and pretending to use Jedi mind tricks to get to the next hold. It didn't work out so well for us.
The next day, Karen wussed out on me and I went to the Stronghold with Hugh and his "mentor". They charted out easy routes for me and I still managed to only make it about two holds up the wall before realising it was futile and laughing my head off and falling off the wall. Tons of fun.
Anyhow, am going to go calving tonight at some farm in Northern Saskatchewan. Here's hoping there's lots of dystocias! (good for me, not for the cows).
Gotta run to the bank and deposit some moola before I leave and start packing. Thank goodness for coveralls.
Toodles!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home