Now is sleepy time
FINALLY I have a day off. That meant I had to go into work this morning at 7am for an intern meeting anyways, but now that I'm home from that, I have full intentions of doing the following:
1. My laundry (out of - in order of importance- clean scrubs, underwear and lab coats)
2. Groceries (am down to half a pack of stale rye crackers and two lactose-free cheese strings)
3. SLEEEEEP!!!!!! SLEEP! SLEEP! SLEEP!
4. Shopping for new shoes cus I was told by one of the surgical residents that my ratty shoes (see below) are scaring the clients
- note: this may not actually happen as a) I don't have enough money and b) I may just choose to sleep

I also weighed myself this morning and to date, I have lost 10lbs since starting this internship. That's with me eating pizza, bagels and crazy American fast food and DELICIOUS cupcakes from Crumbs that lovely Gabe brought me.
In the meantime, one of my roommates (the surgical intern) has brought her dog out from New Jersey to spend the month with us while her mother is in England. Can I just say that I LOVE having a dog around again?
He's a pitbull mix and his name is Kasha Varnishkes (named after a Jewish buckwheat and bowtie pasta dish).
Mostly, we called him King Tutin' Kasha as he's a source of silent yet deadly gas.
He spends all day on my roomie's bed and then, when he needs to go for a walk, comes downstairs and nudges at me and howls. Then farts. Go figure.
Anyhow, enough time on my computer. Need to get started on my lovely day off.
First things first . . . a nap.
PS: The title of this post was inspired by a conversation I had with Hugh's dad (who doesn't quite speak English) on the phone one day when I called asking for Hugh
"Hi, can I speak to Hugh please?"
"Ah, Hugh? No."
"No? I can't talk to him?"
"No. NOW IS SLEEPY TIME!"
*clunk*
Did I mention it was 10am when I called? AHAHAHa.
1. My laundry (out of - in order of importance- clean scrubs, underwear and lab coats)
2. Groceries (am down to half a pack of stale rye crackers and two lactose-free cheese strings)
3. SLEEEEEP!!!!!! SLEEP! SLEEP! SLEEP!
4. Shopping for new shoes cus I was told by one of the surgical residents that my ratty shoes (see below) are scaring the clients
- note: this may not actually happen as a) I don't have enough money and b) I may just choose to sleep
I also weighed myself this morning and to date, I have lost 10lbs since starting this internship. That's with me eating pizza, bagels and crazy American fast food and DELICIOUS cupcakes from Crumbs that lovely Gabe brought me.
In the meantime, one of my roommates (the surgical intern) has brought her dog out from New Jersey to spend the month with us while her mother is in England. Can I just say that I LOVE having a dog around again?
He's a pitbull mix and his name is Kasha Varnishkes (named after a Jewish buckwheat and bowtie pasta dish).
Mostly, we called him King Tutin' Kasha as he's a source of silent yet deadly gas.
He spends all day on my roomie's bed and then, when he needs to go for a walk, comes downstairs and nudges at me and howls. Then farts. Go figure.
Anyhow, enough time on my computer. Need to get started on my lovely day off.
First things first . . . a nap.
PS: The title of this post was inspired by a conversation I had with Hugh's dad (who doesn't quite speak English) on the phone one day when I called asking for Hugh
"Hi, can I speak to Hugh please?"
"Ah, Hugh? No."
"No? I can't talk to him?"
"No. NOW IS SLEEPY TIME!"
*clunk*
Did I mention it was 10am when I called? AHAHAHa.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home