PG-13
Just two more nights before I don't have to do over nights . . . for 6 weeks.
Celebrated by heading out to the city and shoving my face full of yummy food and watching a broadway musical tonight. Watched "Spring Awakening" which is this controversial musical that got several tony awards and which I was told I must see.
So I went ahead and bought tickets a month ago and good thing I read about it a few hours before watching it cus man!
It featured nudity, a sex scene, a basement abortion, center-stage masturbation and a homosexual seduction all in a 2 hour song and dance spectacular.
Let's just say it was a far cry from The Lion King.
It was a good musical though and I was really impressed by the acting and singing. I'm going to watch Equus in January and I can't wait. Again, it features nudity and odd sexual relations.
And I wanted to watch Avenue Q and Spamalot both of which also feature some of the same stuff.
Hmmmmm . . . this is a disturbing pattern I'm discovering here . . .
Whatever happened to the good old days of "Mary Poppins", "My Fair Lady" and "Phantom of the Opera"?
It's like now they're coming out with the spoof porn versions of all the broadway plays.
Anyhow, also headed out to this quaint little Japanese dessert bar afterwards. Had the most delicious warm miso chocolate cake and sweet corn and white bean cheesecake. Am turning into a fatty.
Heading to bed now to get some sleep before my horrid ER shifts and overnight shifts again.
Shudder.
Celebrated by heading out to the city and shoving my face full of yummy food and watching a broadway musical tonight. Watched "Spring Awakening" which is this controversial musical that got several tony awards and which I was told I must see.
So I went ahead and bought tickets a month ago and good thing I read about it a few hours before watching it cus man!
It featured nudity, a sex scene, a basement abortion, center-stage masturbation and a homosexual seduction all in a 2 hour song and dance spectacular.
Let's just say it was a far cry from The Lion King.
It was a good musical though and I was really impressed by the acting and singing. I'm going to watch Equus in January and I can't wait. Again, it features nudity and odd sexual relations.
And I wanted to watch Avenue Q and Spamalot both of which also feature some of the same stuff.
Hmmmmm . . . this is a disturbing pattern I'm discovering here . . .
Whatever happened to the good old days of "Mary Poppins", "My Fair Lady" and "Phantom of the Opera"?
It's like now they're coming out with the spoof porn versions of all the broadway plays.
Anyhow, also headed out to this quaint little Japanese dessert bar afterwards. Had the most delicious warm miso chocolate cake and sweet corn and white bean cheesecake. Am turning into a fatty.
Heading to bed now to get some sleep before my horrid ER shifts and overnight shifts again.
Shudder.


1 Comments:
Mmmm... Japanese desserts...
(Did I tell you I gained TEN FRIGGIN POUNDS in Japan?)
I would kill for a manju right now...
Post a Comment
<< Home