back from outer space
It feels like months since I last posted anything. Likely because it has been months since I posted anything. A lot has happened since then and I can't even begin to fill everyone in on everything. Suffice to say, I was so physically and emotionally drained that the thought of staying up that extra 20 minutes to blog something was beyond me.
I have just finished a three day visit back to Canadia. My first time back and my first official vacation since starting my wretched internship 9 months ago. I didn't really count this as a vacation though seeing as the primary purpose was to renew my TN-1 visa so that I could work for my full 13 months and not get deported.
After just three days of being home, I have just enough energy to get me blogging again. Who knows how long I will keep this up for. After all, three days is nothing compared to what I feel like I need to really heal up from this whole traumatic experience they call an internship.
So far my attempts at renewing my TN-1 visa have resulted in me being detained at US customs for over an hour while they tried to call my clinic to prove that I am indeed working there. It was ridiculous and in the end, I ended up missing my flight. which is great because now instead of getting to NY at 4:30pm and commuting an hour back to my little dingy apartment, I get back at 10:30pm and have to commute an hour back to my dingy little apartment and work at 7am tomorrow morning.
Groan.
Anyhow, will hopefully post more positive things in the future. Am stuck at the Calgary airport until further notice. At least they didn't set the dogs on me.
I have just finished a three day visit back to Canadia. My first time back and my first official vacation since starting my wretched internship 9 months ago. I didn't really count this as a vacation though seeing as the primary purpose was to renew my TN-1 visa so that I could work for my full 13 months and not get deported.
After just three days of being home, I have just enough energy to get me blogging again. Who knows how long I will keep this up for. After all, three days is nothing compared to what I feel like I need to really heal up from this whole traumatic experience they call an internship.
So far my attempts at renewing my TN-1 visa have resulted in me being detained at US customs for over an hour while they tried to call my clinic to prove that I am indeed working there. It was ridiculous and in the end, I ended up missing my flight. which is great because now instead of getting to NY at 4:30pm and commuting an hour back to my little dingy apartment, I get back at 10:30pm and have to commute an hour back to my dingy little apartment and work at 7am tomorrow morning.
Groan.
Anyhow, will hopefully post more positive things in the future. Am stuck at the Calgary airport until further notice. At least they didn't set the dogs on me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home